We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

bumble foot

simmonds14simmonds14 Junior Member
edited November 2006 in Poultry Health and Welfare
hi, i dont know if any1 can help me out but i have a barn owl and i think is getting bumble foot on its toe but im not 100% sure cuz i dont rele know what bumble foot looks like in the early stages. i dont want to take the risk of just leaving it cuz if it is bumble foot it wil get worse so if anyone can help me out on what i should be looking out for and how to treat it that would be brill
cheers
rich:)

Comments

• SandySandy Senior Member
    edited November 2006
    It would be helpful if you decribed what your actually seeing or take a picture and post it in some place like photo bucket.. even if you just give us a link to the picture if you can't post it here... would most certainly help us to help you

The bird may have bumblefoot.. but she may just have scaly leg mite?

Be as descriptive as you can please
  • HenmomHenmom Senior Member
    edited November 2006
    Is there a foreign object in the foot? Bumblefoot is a bacterial infection - and catching it early is good - I would wash the foot in dilute chlorhexidine solution and rinse well. Have you tried washing it? I've seen Neosporin recommended too. I wonder about the location - as BF is generally on the center pad of the foot.
  • simmonds14simmonds14 Junior Member
    edited November 2006
    its like sort of scabby on torn on the back toe with a 1 or 2 small black dots
    edited November 2006
    how do i get to photo bucket
  • crazychickcrazychick Senior Member
    edited November 2006
    Go to www.photobucket.com and start a new account. Then, once you have an account, you can add new photos to the site - click on the "upload images" at the top and browse through your files to find the photos (including the one of the bumblefoot on your chicken) and upload them. Once they're uploaded, click on the photo you want to add to the forum post (select the small square below the photo), then scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Generate HTML and IMG code". Once the code is shown, copy the "IMG for message boards" address and paste it into your message. Preview your message before posting (I think you can here...) and the photo should show up.

Laura
    edited November 2006
    its ok now ive arranged for it to be looked at by a vet thanks anyway