We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

My first EGG!

ISGISG Junior Member
edited June 2009 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi sorry, but just had to blurt this all out to the world!
This is the first time i've owned chickens and we just recently received chooks from the neighbour as chicks (silkies) and now six months on.... eggs!!!
She was restless all morning, going in and out of the hen house making these funny- I suppose quiet clucking noises and then around one o' clock there was this really loud clucking coming from the hen house so and ran out to see what had happened.... (normally it's just the cat walking by or a dog barking which sets them off) and there was an egg right next to her! She looked at it as if it were some strange thing *did that just come out of ME?* sort of look.
LOL I'm over the moon :D

Comments

• judithjudith Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    I remember how thrilled I was too when my first lot of chickens laid their first egg, on my birthday too! It was a great present. Some people think we're mad but I totally understand your excitement!!! I had to tell everybody :D
  • SalzSalz Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay! How fantastic.....its a great feeling and its good to share it. I phoned both my parents and took a photo of my first egg...sad or what:D
    All the best and may there be many more.
    Happy dayz, Salz:D