We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

~Please Help Camellia~

ChickenJaneChickenJane Junior Member
edited October 2006 in Poultry Health and Welfare
I have owned a small backyard flock of chickens for several years now. I currently have 6 hens. One of my hens, a Barred Rock. Has been having trouble with a lump above just one eye that often shrinks and then will grow so much that it covers part of her eye also. I have never seen anything like this before and would love for somebody with good knowleadge to help. Camellia behaves normally, eats, fluffs her feathers, flaps her wings with joy and delights in taking her usual morning/afternoon escape route of their main yard to get into the haybarn to scratch around or lay an egg.

I have two very good pictures but cannot seem to get them to show up. I have to keep resizing them down and pretty soon the pictures would be just a speck.

If you have any ideas please let me know! Thank you very much!

Comments

• SandySandy Senior Member
    edited October 2006
    Can you send me the pictures in an email please

poultryanswers-email@yahoo.com.au

Subject.. Hen with enlarged eye

Does this eye swell up and go down at different times..

How often has this happened

How old is she

What have you done to help her

Have you ever lifted up the eye lid to see what is under where the lump is ?