We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

prolapse???????????

debbiedebbie Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Producers and Vets
please help, my baby chick was born on monday. on tuesday my dove pecked at his yolk sac and the chic had a lot of yak coming out the botom end. iwas told that this would be fine as it was just the remainder of the yolk sac now 2 days later there is still something hanging from her bottom its not weeping anyore. i feel that the dove has pulled something out when she pulled at the chic. please help this is my first lot of chicks and dont no what to do???? the 2 other chick are fine

Comments

• blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Chickens need warmth, protection from larger birds/predators. Good clean water and good feed and the company of the rest of the chickens out of the incubator.
  • DaisyDaisy Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi Debbie

Have a look at the Health and Welfare Forum rather than this one, there is lots of advise about what to do with a prolapse.
    One of my girls has just had one that, fingers crossed, seems to be getting better.
    You need to keep it clean and moist with some antibacterial ointment and gently push it back in if you can, at least this is what you do with an adult bird. I've been giving my girl soluble asprin in her water to help with the swelling. Add a post on the other forum as I said and someone with experience with chicks will answer you.

Good luck

Daisy
  • hardy272hardy272 Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    Many people do not realize that Christian Audigier is in fact the person who is also responsible for the world-renowned Ed Hardy brand. One of the items that Christian Audigier has made multiple designs for are hoodies.