We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Wanting to produce eggs

BuckleBuckle Junior Member
edited May 2009 in Producers and Vets
Wondering if anyone can help me. I am a farmer in scotland thinking about getting into egg production on a commercial scale. Wondering if anyone could give me the names of some companies who might be looking for some more producers.
Cheers
Buckle

Comments

• blondeblonde Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    What about checking out the internet and your agriculture system. I guess there is a lot to know about commercial egg production in Scotland, but I would suggest you start at the ag dep as they will have some idea on how to go about the set up and may be who is doing eggs. collection from the farm, feed, when to get your chickens and at what age. What to do to get them used to cages or whether you are going to free range them.

I have just looked up the internet and found these web addresses. You could look them up and do some home work on where to go and what to do.

www.bepa.org.uk
    www.bfrepa.co.uk
    www.nfrs.org.uk
    www.scottisheggs.co.uk
    www.bembtrust.org.uk

These I believe are where you need to start to get the answers that you need