We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Lameness in Goose

greenalgaegreenalgae Junior Member
edited January 2009 in Producers and Vets
I have an African Grey Goose...she is 21 years old and I have had her since birth. About two months ago she started having a little gimp in her walk...I didnt worry too much, as I thought maybe it was the beginning of arthritis, and the cold was making her a little stiff. Now the gimp has turned into a painful looking limp, and she will only move around her pool and feeder...she and her mate have an indoor/outdoor enclosure, and even when he goes outside she will not. I realize this is not healthy. Even when I put her outside, she will sit there and not move. When I enter to pick her up (she is imprinted) she will walk then, but very slow. If this is arthritis, is there anything I can do to help her? Meds, heatlamps, ??...could it be viral? Any suggestions will be helpful...I would like to try a few things at home before traumatizing her with a ride and visit to the vet...thanks in advance for the help.