We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

unwanted poultry rehomed

Comments

• amyduroseamydurose Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    I have a gorgeous black copper maran cockerel I hatched from a chick. I need to rehome him as the neighbours are complaining. The place i got the eggs from offered to take him baack but said it would be to go to market and I dont want that :mad:

Im in the manchester area if you know anyone who can help
  • beegalbeegal Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    amydurose wrote:
    I have a gorgeous black copper maran cockerel I hatched from a chick. I need to rehome him as the neighbours are complaining. The place i got the eggs from offered to take him baack but said it would be to go to market and I dont want that :mad:

Im in the manchester area if you know anyone who can help

we would have him but guess were to far away try him on preloved and freeadds someone will have him best of luck alan
  • MEGANMEGAN Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Just found out we are having too move and need to rehome some hens as we will not have as much space in our new home. Got 2 Barnvelders 2 years old and 2 vorwerks nine months old and an aracana 18 months old and possibly a goldtop. I am trying to find them homes locally but if not possible would you be able to take them they are all good health hens laying every day and very friendly. I know that you are a distance away but we are willing to travel to bring them to you in the hope you can find them a good home.
  • FunkyChickenFunkyChicken Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

Hi Beegal,
    Our lovely boy, Edward was hatched 2 March 2010 and is a much loved part of our family ever since. He has fathered some beautiful looking chicks too. However over the past few months he has been increasingly agressive to our hens and has been taking chunks out of their combs when mating with them. The girls are becoming quite distressed and as he is absolutely HUGE compared to them, we are worried for their welfare. Can you help? We don't mind travelling to your farm as we are about an hour away. We are on the border between Beds, North Bucks and Northants.
    edited April 2011
    MEGAN wrote:
    Just found out we are having too move and need to rehome some hens as we will not have as much space in our new home. Got 2 Barnvelders 2 years old and 2 vorwerks nine months old and an aracana 18 months old and possibly a goldtop. I am trying to find them homes locally but if not possible would you be able to take them they are all good health hens laying every day and very friendly. I know that you are a distance away but we are willing to travel to bring them to you in the hope you can find them a good home.

pm sent they will be very welcome here alan
  • pauline tyrrellpauline tyrrell Junior Member
    edited April 2011
    I live in north somerset, can anyone offer a very good home to my cockerel, dolly we thought he was a hen, i hatched him last july, never again, because i cannot bare to part with him, but he is too noisy for my neighbour.:
    edited May 2011
    still taking in the unwanted plenty of room just ask alan
  • MachooksMachooks Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    The result of a well hidden clutch last October which turned out to be all boys.

Beautiful free range birds, very glossy but I'm afraid that my poor girls are suffering as a result of their enthusiastic attention. Please advise if you can help or know of anyone nearer to Hereford who may be interested in one or more.
  • oscarsi001oscarsi001 Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    hi alan , i have a two year old proven cockerel as above but new neighbours have taken it upon themselves to dob me in to the council (despite NO other neighbours having a problem.........:mad: ) , oh and the fact that every time he crows , my macaw has decided to respond and i cant be having complaints about him too .........i'm in essex but would be prepared to bring him to you unless you know of anyone closer who could offer him a good lifetime home ...

regards , simon
    edited May 2011
    oscarsi001 wrote:
    hi alan , i have a two year old proven cockerel as above but new neighbours have taken it upon themselves to dob me in to the council (despite NO other neighbours having a problem.........:mad: ) , oh and the fact that every time he crows , my macaw has decided to respond and i cant be having complaints about him too .........i'm in essex but would be prepared to bring him to you unless you know of anyone closer who could offer him a good lifetime home ...

regards , simon

pm sent to you alan
    edited June 2011
    nice bit of news a copper blue maran cockeral arrived 16.20 yesterday gone less than 2 hours later to replace deceased buff orp whos owner wanted something pretty to go with her mixed flock.
  • manchesterredmanchesterred Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello I have a lovely Lavender aruacana bantum cockerel free to a good home. I am in the Manchester area and could deliver to the right home at no cost . I do hope someone can help thanks.
  • ButterflySueButterflySue Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    He's just finding his voice and we have lots of neighbours. Are you able to help please? We live near Rugby.
  • carla gcarla g Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    I recently got 2 chicks hopein they would both turn out hens but sadly 1 is a cock and i can not keep him in the area i live :'( he is a beautifull boy and i would love to keep him but i carn't. I would like if anyone can help to swop him with a hen arround the same age.
  • sandramsandram Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    I found this site whilst browsing and it's an excellent advice opportunity. I don't keep poultry myself but my daughter does, which brings me to a question. What would be the chances of re-homing 2 large white (Aylesbury?) males. She has white call ducks and a rescued female but these two males are making life a bit cramped and difficult. She is very fond of them and doesn't want them to end up on somebody's table. They are just a year old. Any advice gratefully accepted
    edited June 2011
    sandram wrote:
    I found this site whilst browsing and it's an excellent advice opportunity. I don't keep poultry myself but my daughter does, which brings me to a question. What would be the chances of re-homing 2 large white (Aylesbury?) males. She has white call ducks and a rescued female but these two males are making life a bit cramped and difficult. She is very fond of them and doesn't want them to end up on somebody's table. They are just a year old. Any advice gratefully accepted

pm sent with good news regards alan
  • JimboJimbo Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello Beegal. I wonder if you are still rehoming poultry? I see your message was dated 2008... We are looking for a home for several hybrid cockerels, and as you might imagine, we are not overwhelmed with people wanting to take them! Could you let me know if you are still taking on unwanted birds? Or, if not, whether you know of anyone else who is?
    Thanks.
    edited June 2011
    Jimbo wrote:
    Hello Beegal. I wonder if you are still rehoming poultry? I see your message was dated 2008... We are looking for a home for several hybrid cockerels, and as you might imagine, we are not overwhelmed with people wanting to take them! Could you let me know if you are still taking on unwanted birds? Or, if not, whether you know of anyone else who is?
    Thanks.

still rehoming pm sent with contact details alan
  • rumanarozyrumanarozy Junior Member
    edited June 2011
    Just like the heart and the lungs and the stomach, the skin is by definition an organ. Of all of the organs in mammals, the skin is by far the largest. This is why people with deep, massive burns are often not expected to live. A bodily organ is a collection of tissues that are structurally joined for a purpose. The skin is a marvelous model of indispensable function.
  • SpenceKellieMSpenceKellieM Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi Alan,

Sent you a PM yesterday.

I have 5 bantam chicks that are being bullied by my resident ex-battery hens. I've been able to keep them separate so far but this morning one of them has escaped from the smaller pen and has had a rather nasty run in with the big girls.

Really hoping you can help - or advise me of who may be able to.

Im in west midlands but prepared to travel to find them somewhere to live.

Thanks

Kellie
  • SpenceKellieMSpenceKellieM Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    All sorted now thanks
  • Denzel09ukDenzel09uk Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi Alan

I have a 9 week old cockerel bantam Im not too sure of the breed (can supply picture) but he is a reddy brown colour.

He is very friendly to humans and his 3 other sisters and mum. So could easily be rehomed to a flock of girls or a small group. The person we got him off had him in a small outbuilding and we have him now outside in a chicken coop and a 3m by 2m run, he has adapted to the change very well.

Ive been reading all of the great replies from people and would like to have him rehomed to you if at all possible.

Im in Cambridge and could easily drive to Leicester/Coventy.

Hope to speak soon

Denzel09uk
    daniel.harland@ymail.com
  • Denzel09ukDenzel09uk Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi Alan

I have a 9 week old cockerel bantam Im not too sure of the breed (can supply picture) but he is a reddy brown colour.

He is very friendly to humans and his 3 other sisters and mum. So could easily be rehomed to a flock of girls or a small group. The person we got him off had him in a small outbuilding and we have him now outside in a chicken coop and a 3m by 2m run, he has adapted to the change very well.

Ive been reading all of the great replies from people and would like to have him rehomed to you if at all possible.

Im in Cambridge and could easily drive to Leicester/Coventy.

Hope to speak soon

Denzel09uk
    daniel.harland@ymail.com
  • bloke1974bloke1974 Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    there is a chap on here, who's name is 'beegal' he takes in hens cockerals, ducks, anything really, only thing is he is light years from you in guilford he is near leicester and coventry just off the A5:)
  • heatherturnerheatherturner Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    hi what type of chickens do you have for rehoming and are you near solihull west midlands
    thank you xxx
    edited July 2011
    hi what type of chickens do you have for rehoming and are you near solihull west midlands
    thank you xxx

have several cockerals and various hens that i have bought to give the cockerals away with what do you want have pmd you my contact number alan
  • gubbies1gubbies1 Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    We have a 4 month old Marans rooster that requires rehoming, he is pure breed with splash markings. Can you help ? , thanks
    edited July 2011
    gubbies1 wrote:
    We have a 4 month old Marans rooster that requires rehoming, he is pure breed with splash markings. Can you help ? , thanks

have pmd you contact details alan
  • CallyChookCallyChook Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    I am looking for a smooth feathered chamois male poland. I have two championship show winning girls and no non-related gentleman with which to breed next season.

Have you got a boy who needs a home? If so please email me at gerbil_ears@hotmail.co.uk

I am located in Cheshire.

Must be chamois and NOT frizzle, well laced, a deep buff in colour especially not pale in the crest, and with little or no comb (ie, show standards not an ebay hybrid colour - I already have too many pet polands with funky colours!)
  • chickenstevechickensteve Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    We have a 20 week old gold silkie cockerel if you are interested in him, if not do you know anyone who would like him. Want him to go to a good home, dont want no money for him, he is a lovely little bird, thought he was a girl till he starting crowing, hope to hear from you soon, thank you