We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

unwanted poultry rehomed

Comments

• beegalbeegal Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    still taking unwanted birds just ask and if we can help we will alan
  • gunnercollinsgunnercollins Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi Beegal,

Up to last year we only had 4 minature hens (2 Barbeducle? and 2 Silkies) and 1 Barbeducle cockerel. Then a freind gave us a Silky cockerel, while we tried to keep the cockerels separate from the hens and monitored, we still ended up with 10 chicks including 3 cockerels. There are some Barbeducles and some Silkies.
    We can no longer keep the cockerels because of the noise they will make, and we do not want anymore chicks.

Can you help?

If its any help, we are willing to take some hens or female ducks.

Please advise,

Gunner.
    edited January 2011
    Hi Beegal,

Up to last year we only had 4 minature hens (2 Barbeducle? and 2 Silkies) and 1 Barbeducle cockerel. Then a freind gave us a Silky cockerel, while we tried to keep the cockerels separate from the hens and monitored, we still ended up with 10 chicks including 3 cockerels. There are some Barbeducles and some Silkies.
    We can no longer keep the cockerels because of the noise they will make, and we do not want anymore chicks.

Can you help?

If its any help, we are willing to take some hens or female ducks.

Please advise,

Gunner.

have sent contact details by pm so we can discuss happy to help out if we can alan
  • brookbrook Member
    edited January 2011
    hi i need a gold silkie cock to cross with some light sussex hens .i wondered if you have one that needs rehomeing. where are you based im in norfolk thanx
    edited January 2011
    we are in nuneaton warwickshire will have one by wed next week alan
  • LadyfreshaLadyfresha Member
    edited January 2011
    Do you have any geese at the moment? Or aylesbury ducks as I could do with a female to make up a trio.

Thanks
    edited January 2011
    Ladyfresha wrote:
    Do you have any geese at the moment? Or aylesbury ducks as I could do with a female to make up a trio.

Thanks

ducks went yesterday no geese regards alan
  • ursulaaskewursulaaskew Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    im from hollingbourne maidstone kent,need a rural home for ginger young cockeral.live in culdersac,rescued 2 hens and 2 cocks ,rehomed one,all the neighbours complaining sadly he must go,can any one help. ursula_askew@hotmail.com
  • LadyfreshaLadyfresha Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks alan

Is it worth just checking back with you every week?
    edited January 2011
    Ladyfresha wrote:
    Thanks alan

Is it worth just checking back with you every week?

not really the ducks geese turn up out of the blue and i generally have outlets for them if you want to pm me contact details i can include you on the mailing list alan
  • MoorbyMoorby Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    Hello,

I have two 4 year old and very people friendly cockerels and 4 x five month old cockerels that I am trying to find homes for. All of them share the same dad (A light Sussex that I rescued years ago) and were the result of a family member allowing the dad to 'free range' with the ladies when I was on holiday. The mums are Pekin Bantums. The 4 year olds are beautiful to look at. I believe two of the youngsters are looking like their dad and the other two are starting to look like their half brothers. Happy to post pictures if asked.

I have been made redundant and am taking the oppertunity to move overseas with my partner. Although my very undestanding mum has agreed to take on he bulk of my pets, having the extra 6 cockerels will be too much for her. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I had a home lined up and that has since fallen through.I am running out of time as I house the youngsters with their dad and they wil soon start fighting.

I do have a farmer lined up to cull them if required but that breaks my heart.

Any assistance or advise is appreiated. I live in the Banbury area and can deliver.

Thank you for reading.
  • HeccieHeccie Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

Dear Beegal,
    I have 2 cockerels hatched last June in need of a home. They are big & handsome, hybrid I think. (I was given the eggs). They get on well together but have had to separate them from my ageing hens who couldn't cope & my neighbours are v unhappy about the noise. Have learnt my lesson about not hatching eggs now but am desperate to find these 2 a home. Have asked lots of "chicken" people who all say Eat them. Am not prepared to consider that. It would be so fantastic if you might be able to give them a home. I could deliver them (with a bag of pellets ?). Best wishes, Heccie
    PS sorry if I've sent this twice - am just getting used to this site.
    edited February 2011
    Heccie wrote:
    Dear Beegal,
    I have 2 cockerels hatched last June in need of a home. They are big & handsome, hybrid I think. (I was given the eggs). They get on well together but have had to separate them from my ageing hens who couldn't cope & my neighbours are v unhappy about the noise. Have learnt my lesson about not hatching eggs now but am desperate to find these 2 a home. Have asked lots of "chicken" people who all say Eat them. Am not prepared to consider that. It would be so fantastic if you might be able to give them a home. I could deliver them (with a bag of pellets ?). Best wishes, Heccie
    PS sorry if I've sent this twice - am just getting used to this site.

pmd you with contact details alan
  • sandyseassandyseas Junior Member
    edited February 2011
    I have three young cockerels that are causing problems for my partner and me(well actually the problem is one neighbour who keeps calling Environmental health). The upshot is that although we live in a very rural location with several farms in the village we need to reduce the male contingent to just one.
    I wondered if you could help us out. We would be able to re-home a few hens in return.
    Cheers Chris
  • charles empsoncharles empson Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

Any chance you would be interested in 5 (various breeds... not sure which ones) cockerels?
    edited March 2011
    Any chance you would be interested in 5 (various breeds... not sure which ones) cockerels?

have pmd you contact details
  • HeccieHeccie Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Dear Beegal
    Just wondering if there's any news on the 2 cockerels I left with you in Feb. Am hoping they've found a home with some open space ?
    Thanks for your help
    Heccie
    edited March 2011
    Heccie wrote:
    Dear Beegal
    Just wondering if there's any news on the 2 cockerels I left with you in Feb. Am hoping they've found a home with some open space ?
    Thanks for your help
    Heccie

went with 6 warren hens to a new home
  • JACQUI13JACQUI13 Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi we adopted 7 bantams that needed re-homing due to ill treatment.
    We were able to rehome 2 pairs of breeding marans and were left with what we thought were 3 young hens. Thought we would be able to keep these to go with our 3 big girls but turned out that 2 of them were cockerels. We live in a built up area and do not wish to upset the neighbours & our exsisting hens. I would be really grateful if anyone can assist in helping us find a home (all 3 are big pals) - we are in the North-West I am prepared to travel if need be
  • JACQUI13JACQUI13 Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Have found home for my trio !! the lady that had the original 4 bantams off me is coming to pick the 3 up ! :) :)
  • figarofigaro Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi Beegal
    You kindly offered to help me with my excess cockerells; unfortunately Mr Fox paid me a visit and removed my problem for me. Thanks again.
  • jenniewrenjenniewren Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Hello,
    I have two cockerals that need a new home, one is a pure wellsummer and the other a cream legbar. They are beautiful birds and i'll be sad to see them go, but they are disrupting the hen's and are also very vocal. They are around six months old. Hope you can help.
    jen.x
    edited March 2011
    jenniewren wrote:
    Hello,
    I have two cockerals that need a new home, one is a pure wellsummer and the other a cream legbar. They are beautiful birds and i'll be sad to see them go, but they are disrupting the hen's and are also very vocal. They are around six months old. Hope you can help.
    jen.x

have pmd you contact details alan
  • DoomSlayerDoomSlayer Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    He's a lovely Sussex White ... beautiful plummage and lovely temperament.

He could be a champion medal winner.

He's 2 years old and his crow is wonderful but our neighbours don't think so!!

Unfortunately it means he has to go and his lovely ladies will miss him...

If someone can help in Norwich or anywhere in Norfolk we would love to find him a nice new home.

Many thanks

Do you think you can help please?
  • valval Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Thank you so much for your help and solving my problem. Look forward to delivering bird and meeting you.
    Val:)
  • bloke1974bloke1974 Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    I have two bantam cockerals, they after months and months of no fighting have taken lumps out of each other lastnight, we unfortunately haven't the room to seperate them, so Need a new home for the poor blighters, I ultimately want them to stay together as they are brothers and when totally seperate from each other they cry for each other and pine, we got them initially as chicks with their mum, so at first there was no telling the sex in the early stages, we had to seperate them from their mum after a while as they were trying it on with her!
    their injurys from last night arent as bad as I first thought they are just cuts and nicks and the smaller one has a swollen eye from lastnights bout at the moment which he is unable to open, will keep him in check for a while, they are usually of very good temperement and love attention and fuss and are very tame, they are jet black with very glossy feathers about 6-7 months old now, I will try and dig out a photo of them, please help asap if possible, just want the best for them! They are going to be sorely missed!
  • bloke1974bloke1974 Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    beegal wrote:
    hi there
    I have two bantam cockerals, they after months and months of no fighting have taken lumps out of each other lastnight, we unfortunately haven't the room to seperate them, so Need a new home for the poor blighters, I ultimately want them to stay together as they are brothers and when totally seperate from each other they cry for each other and pine, we got them initially as chicks with their mum, so at first there was no telling the sex in the early stages, we had to seperate them from their mum after a while as they were trying it on with her!
    their injurys from last night arent as bad as I first thought they are just cuts and nicks and the smaller one has a swollen eye from lastnights bout at the moment which he is unable to open, will keep him in check for a while, they are usually of very good temperement and love attention and fuss and are very tame, they are jet black with very glossy feathers about 6-7 months old now, I will try and dig out a photo of them, please help asap if possible, just want the best for them! They are going to be sorely missed!
  • VickiVicki Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi,
    We have 3 Chinese Ganders needing a new home. We let the girls hatch some eggs last year and got a few girls from the hatch, but a visit from the fox meant that we are keft with a surplus of boys. They are father and 2 sons, they get on fairly well, just the odd scuffle. Dad has an angels wing, but it hasn't appeared in any of his babies, if it wasn't for that he would be magnificent.

We also have a Cream Legbar boy, approx 2 yrs old, and a gold Silkie boy from last years hatch in need of new homes.
    We are in North Wales.

Thanks for reading.
    edited March 2011
    Vicki wrote:
    Hi,
    We have 3 Chinese Ganders needing a new home. We let the girls hatch some eggs last year and got a few girls from the hatch, but a visit from the fox meant that we are keft with a surplus of boys. They are father and 2 sons, they get on fairly well, just the odd scuffle. Dad has an angels wing, but it hasn't appeared in any of his babies, if it wasn't for that he would be magnificent.

We also have a Cream Legbar boy, approx 2 yrs old, and a gold Silkie boy from last years hatch in need of new homes.
    We are in North Wales.

Thanks for reading.

pm sent with contact details of someone who will help
    edited March 2011
    bloke1974 wrote:

contact details sent to help sort out the problem alan