We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

unwanted poultry rehomed

Comments

• beegalbeegal Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    steve.wood wrote:
    Hi Beegal

I have 3 Cockerels, 1 jet black (not sure of breed)

He has fathered 2 others, one of burford brown cross and one of cotswold legbar cross.

Will happily swap for a hen that needs a new home, will be sad to let them go as the kids love the 2 hatched from eggs, but cant upset the neighbours!

Let me know if you can assist.

Cheers
    Steve

sorry no hens needing homes
  • steve.woodsteve.wood Member
    edited September 2009
    would you be able to take the cockerels if I can not find any other takers?

We live in suburban area and they are making too much noise.

Cheers
  • switch_guyswitch_guy Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm new to keeping chicken's and orignally brough what we was told was 8 Silkie hens which have since turned out to be mixed breed and also 3 have now started to "crow"

So unfortunatly need to find homes for the cockrels. any takers please reply
  • jezerspainjezerspain Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

Hello, for various reasons we have to put our poultry keeping on hold for a while. I urgently need to find somewhere for four hens to go. All hybrids, two black and two ginger. Any offers or suggestions very much appreciated. Many thanks.
    edited September 2009
    jezerspain wrote:
    Hello, for various reasons we have to put our poultry keeping on hold for a while. I urgently need to find somewhere for four hens to go. All hybrids, two black and two ginger. Any offers or suggestions very much appreciated. Many thanks.

happy to take them have sent contact details in pm to you regards alan
  • basilgreatmousebasilgreatmouse Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi, due to unsympathetic neighbours :mad: I am having to rehome my handsome Golden coloured pekin bantam, Pumpkin.
    He is lovely, a big boy in a little body.

Can you help??

Becky
  • kathrynrosekathrynrose Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    had a nasty nasty man from the council round :mad: threatened with a 5grand fine and need to rehome 2cockerells. they are wyandotties hatched this year and just started to crow. any help is much aprehiated and willing to bring them to you at a weekend

thankyou
    kathryn
    edited October 2009
    had a nasty nasty man from the council round :mad: threatened with a 5grand fine and need to rehome 2cockerells. they are wyandotties hatched this year and just started to crow. any help is much aprehiated and willing to bring them to you at a weekend

thankyou
    kathryn
    have pmd you with contact details we will have them regards alan
    edited October 2009
    quick update on the good works

34 ex barn hens rehomed
    3 tufted ducks rehomed
    2 aylesbury ducks rehomed
    4 hybrids gone to good home
    4 partridge pekin boys gone to collector
    1 lemon cuckoo pekin boy & 2 friends gone to collector
    1 silver birchen pekin cockerel gone to loving home
    5 mixed breed pullets gone to breeder
    3 bantam hens gone to enthusiast
    2 geese gone to farm home to freerange
    several mixed breed cockerels gone to be grown on saved from immediate despatch

still got plenty of room for any more unwanted birds regards alan
  • karemackaremac Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi Alan, can you tell me where abouts you are?
    I have a 20 week old silver wyandotte cockerel i need to rehome
    thanks
    Karen
  • HypnochickHypnochick Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    I am so relieved to have stumbled across this site and these posts. Beegal - What a wonderful person you are!

I have the worst luck with getting hens out of a batch of chicks. Last time i got 6 out of 6 male!! this time 2 out of 4 male! so i have 2 Welsummer cockerels approx 6-7 weeks old that i need to re-home (free of course). I live in a built up area so cannot keep them. I can deliver them if a short distance from Warrington.
  • HypnochickHypnochick Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    Hypnochick wrote:
    I am so relieved to have stumbled across this site and these posts. Beegal - What a wonderful person you are!

I have the worst luck with getting hens out of a batch of chicks. Last time i got 6 out of 6 male!! this time 2 out of 4 male! so i have 2 Welsummer cockerels approx 6-7 weeks old that i need to re-home (free of course). I live in a built up area so cannot keep them. I can deliver them if a short distance from Warrington.

Just though i would let you all know i managed to find someone to take the Welsummer cockerels, they were so impressed with them they gave me a lovely girlie to take home (a beautiful white star) Free! :D seems my luck is changing :p
  • PurdyPurdy Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    Hello Alan (Beegal)

Can you take 3 bantam cockerels? My parents had 5 chicks, 3 have turned out to be cockerels. They are about 6 months old, very handsome and healthy. My dad was very recently discharged from hospital after a really serious illness and the cockerels are just too much for them to cope with now. I can bring them to you if by any chance you are able to accept deliveries on a Sunday?

Would really appreciate hearing from you -its a bit of a desperate situation!

Many thanks
  • butterfly123butterfly123 Junior Member
    edited October 2009
    Hello Alan,

Could you help me at all please?

I am looking for a good home for a cockerel. He wandered into my garden as a fluffball chick in a bit of a sorry state in April. Attracted by my hens. At that time I'd been keeping hens for about 6 months.

I kept the chick (& got quite attached!) and it turned out to be a cockerel who I called Henry.

He really is lovely. I've tried uploading a photo to no avail but can send one on request.

I guess he's a hybrid. Mainly pale cream with brown wings and yellow legs. Fab condition and very friendly.

I need to rehome him due to his crowing. I can't bring myself to have him killed but appreciate that apart from the obvious, cockerels have no worth.

I've tried childrens farms in the area with no joy.

Thanks for your time in reading this, I look forward to hearing from you.

I am in the Nottingham area.

Regards
    Helen
  • kathrynrosekathrynrose Junior Member
    edited November 2009

thankyou
    kathryn

hi did you have any luck with rehoming them? we have currently found out we have another male polish frizzle and need to rehome him, we thought he was a girl but recently he decided to cockadoodledoo!
    edited November 2009
    hi did you have any luck with rehoming them? we have currently found out we have another male polish frizzle and need to rehome him, we thought he was a girl but recently he decided to cockadoodledoo!

yes found them homes as they were quite good just let me know when you want to bring the polish round as have someone who likes them so will be reasonably easy to move him on regards alan
  • Di VellaDi Vella Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Emmanuel89 wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal.
    ________
    CD Packaging
    Web Hosting Rally

Hi I was wondering if you could help me to rehome four cockerels no got a clue what breed they are I am new to this and need to rehome them don't want to upset the neighbours I would appreciate any help
  • livveywillslivveywills Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi,

Do you know of anyone in SOuth Lincolnshire who would rehome a cockeral? We have one of our babies left and I'm anxoius to get him rehomed before he outgrows his bantam adopted dad and starts a war!!
  • hexthext Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi

A school i work for (and taken chicks from before) have asked about me taking some cockerals, unfortunatly I have no room for them and even a smallholder I know cant re-home them.

There are about 6 so far (few days old) as they were hoping for hens :rolleyes:

They seem to be Rhode Island Reds

There could be 9-10 when the rest of the eggs hatch!

Thanks!
    edited November 2009
    hext wrote:
    Hi

A school i work for (and taken chicks from before) have asked about me taking some cockerals, unfortunatly I have no room for them and even a smallholder I know cant re-home them.

There are about 6 so far (few days old) as they were hoping for hens :rolleyes:

They seem to be Rhode Island Reds

There could be 9-10 when the rest of the eggs hatch!

Thanks!
    to young for me dont have any facilites no heat etc unfortuatey you will find it hard unless they are definately pure rir advertise them on the site regards alan
  • crtacrta Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi,

I have 2 x pure bred partridge colour pekin cockerels and 1 x blue partridge pekin cockerel hatched in May (parents came from Perfect Pekins). Really pretty, especially the blue one but I already have several so they need new homes. Do you think if I bring them up you might be able to find them a home? Too good to waste....

Charlotte
  • mcflymcfly Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    I have a buff sussex cockerel which I saved from the jaws of a fox two days ago. He only lost a few feathers. He is friendly and tame but I can't keep him as I have neighbours who won't tolerate the noise. I'm in Guildford Surrey. Do you know anyone who can help?
  • MarcusMarcus Junior Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi all

I've got a lovely French Copper Black Maran Cockerel, 7 months old in need of a new home as I now have too many Boys for the girls. He's a lovely character - Free to good home - I live just outside of Chepstow, South Wales and can be contacted on 07841 630278. Cheers.
    edited December 2009
    been very busy so thought would give a quick update on recent success

2 black runner ganders arrived 4/12 gone 6/12 to breeder
    2 silver appleyard 1 muscovy 1 rouen drakes arrived 5/12 gone 6/12 to breeder
    1 saxony duck 1 cross duck gone with the above
    1 barbuduccle x lemon pekin cock gone with above
    1 crossbred cockeral gone to keep some hens happy was only here for 1 hour
    1 cuckoo maran going to breed with some warrens for restocking exercise for first time breeder
    lots of other birds been moved on to many to really keep upto date with. still got plenty of space for any more unwanted birds just send a message wherever you may be as if we can help we will regards alan
  • chicken chickchicken chick Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi,

I have 2 lovely cream legbar cockerels I need to rehome. One is off heat and the other is almost there. Im not imediately desperate to rehome them just yet. My problem is when they start to crow as I have close neighbours.
    Would you be able to take them off my hands at a later date? I dont mind keeping them untill they are older.
    They are both handled on a daily basis as are also used to my 2 Jack Russells:) Strong and healthy birds

Many thanks
    edited December 2009
    Hi,

I have 2 lovely cream legbar cockerels I need to rehome. One is off heat and the other is almost there. Im not imediately desperate to rehome them just yet. My problem is when they start to crow as I have close neighbours.
    Would you be able to take them off my hands at a later date? I dont mind keeping them untill they are older.
    They are both handled on a daily basis as are also used to my 2 Jack Russells:) Strong and healthy birds

Many thanks

no probs just get in touch when they start crowing. sorry cant do anything with the jack russells but if they are good ratters can you bring them down with the 2 cockerels and we can sort a bit of our rat problem out regards alan
  • chicken chickchicken chick Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    Thats great thanks Alan. Will sure bring the dogs if you like but they are pretty soft really. They are actually scared of my chickens! :D especially the ex batts as they stand no messing about at all!
    Be in touch soon then and thanks again!
  • Rachael WightmanRachael Wightman Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester
    We have three beautiful cockerills, we have raised from a day old, all 3 are different, and all healthy and friendly. I need to find a home for them as they are now 16 weeks old and living with our 2 hens, and getting very terriorial, we could split them all up but the crowing is still unbearable for the neighbours :( Can you help???
  • Rachael WightmanRachael Wightman Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi

Can anyone please give me Alans mobile number or post code? I have lost his details and trying to deliver our 3 beautiful cockerals to him tomorrow.

Thanks
  • ChickFlixChickFlix Junior Member
    edited February 2010
    I have 5 free range cockerals from a batch of home grown eggs I hatched. They are a mix and all friendly. Unfortunately they are worrying the hens and I would like to re home if possible. I found this thread so I hope there is a chance of sending them to a nice free range home