We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

unwanted poultry rehomed

Comments

• beegalbeegal Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    the good works continue rhode island red cockerel buff orpington cockerel both rehomed saturday three amber star hens running around the farm with the rest of the rescued birds really theraputic watching them roam around just like it should be. plenty of room for any more unwanted birds any number or type considered if we can help we will regards alan
  • JerseyGiantJerseyGiant Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

We have a 10 months old White Jersey Giant Cockerel that we need rehoming as soon as possible. we live i the northumberland area and are wondering if you could help us give our cockerel a loving home.

Thanks.
    edited May 2009
    We have a 10 months old White Jersey Giant Cockerel that we need rehoming as soon as possible. we live i the northumberland area and are wondering if you could help us give our cockerel a loving home.

Thanks.
    happy to help out we are in the midlands near coventry if you want to bring him down problem sending you pm regards alan
  • Kim LittlewoodKim Littlewood Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Due to a hatch of 7 boys out of 9 eggs, I am sadly looking for a home for 2 magnificent buff orpington bantam cockerels, 3 pekins (2 Gold Birchen, 1 pearl colour), and a lovely minature Malasian Serama (very tame) and an Indian Game style black cockerel. I live in Exeter, and would be really grateful if anyone could help. One of the neighbours is complaining. :(
  • LadyfreshaLadyfresha Member
    edited May 2009
    I am looking for a few bantams for my cockeral. I think he is a Pekin. He is being bullied by my warrens and really does deserve some ladies of his own size! If anyone has any suplus to requirements please let me know.

Thanks, Mr Tom will appreciate it!
  • rainwomanrainwoman Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi Alan - just emailed you. Rainy :)
  • figarofigaro Member
    edited May 2009
    Hi Alan
    I have hatched 11 chicks and it appears that 9 are cockerells. At present they are six weeks old, so I would like to keep them a little longer in case they suddenly turn into ladies! However, if they are cockerells I will not be able to keep them all. Do you think you would be able to help me as they are purebreeds and I would be so sorry if they ended up in a pot. I live in Bedfordshire so Coventry is not too far for me to travel. I have lemon cuckoo pekins, silver lace wyandottes, and cream legbars.
  • Emmanuel89Emmanuel89 Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal.
    ________
    CD Packaging
    Web Hosting Rally
  • figarofigaro Member
    edited June 2009
    I have hatched some pure breeds and it would seem that 9 out of the 11 are cockerells:
    2 lemon cuckoo bantams, 3 crested cream legbar, 4 silver laced wyandottes (although I am watching these four very closely with my fingers crossed as they may not all be males)
    They are currently 7 weeks old and living outside in their own coup and run.

I would very much like to rehome these animals as eating them is not very appealing to me. Can anyone help? I live in Bedfordshire.
    edited June 2009
    I would be interested in your silver laced wyandotte cockerels. Well maybe just one!! I have six hens at the moment and they need a man! I would be happy to talk about rehoming.
  • figarofigaro Member
    edited June 2009
    Hi there, I definately have one cockerell but am keeping my fingers crossed on the other three as they feathered up very quickly and are small - so maybe, just maybe they are girls .... I have sent you a private message
    edited June 2009
    plenty of space for any unwanted birds large numbers no problem happy to help out regards alan
  • figarofigaro Member
    edited July 2009
    I very much appreciate being able to bring you my cockerells - the good news is that I only have 6 males instead of the 9 i thought I had. My lace wyandotte is spoken for so i will be bringing 3 creamleg bars and 3 lemon cuckoo bantams. Must say I am gutted about the lemon cuckoos, cos just such sweet birds! Further to our conversation i will leave it a little longer and give you a ring a few days beforehand to work out time etc. thanks again
    edited July 2009
    just an update on the rehoming front as its been a while since i posted homes found for the following

12 white mallards unsexed
    10 warren hens
    3 cross bred ducks
    4 21 week old pullets
    9 male quail
    1 indian jungle fowl cockerel bantam
    2 buff pekin boys
    2 mixed pekin boys
    1 appleyard drake large

got cochin boys one cuckoo one blue frizzle both 16 weeks available to good homes plenty of room for some more so just get in touch regards alan
  • noodles1234noodles1234 Junior Member
    edited July 2009
    hi there got a cuckoo maran bantam cock which i really dont want to have to get rid of, drive home to notts through cov at weekends would you be interested in taking him?cheers
  • Power poultryPower poultry Member
    edited July 2009
    You dont by chance Have a Good standard Norfolk Grey boy by chance.

Have two great looking hens waiting for a man.
  • geegal-01geegal-01 Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi, We have two cockerels in need of rehoming. One is a black Jersey Giant about 20 weeks old and the other is a Black Red (Gold Partridge) Dutch Bantam just over 12 months old.

Would you be able to help us out?

Please let me know and i will arrange to bring them up to you.

Thanks.
  • sarahgsarahg Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi, I have a lovely 18 month old lavender pekin Cockerel which I am needing to rehome for a few reasons, Number 1 - He is keeping my neighbours awake Number 2 - He is hurting my chickens and me by pecking and Number 3- he is not producing anything at all!!!!! Does anyone know of anywhere he can go to be rehomed I really don't want him to end up in the pot! I live in cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Thanks
  • kakpinarlioglukakpinarlioglu Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    Bought 3 POLs and one has turned out to be a cockerel - have kept him for nearly a year but relations with neighbours are strained to say the least due to continual crowing - can anyone give him a new home?
  • davidtayloris40davidtayloris40 Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    beegal wrote:
    we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

Hi, We have two beautiful three month old bantam cockerels that need a new home. They cannot be kept with their sisters plus the neighbours are getting a bit touchy with the continual crowing.
    Help! We are animal loving people who have hand reared these lovely birds and want them to have as long a life a possible.
    We are not far from you, just outside Northampton. Are you interested?
    Regards, David.
  • zoep1976zoep1976 Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi, We have a newly built duck/chicken coop, and i am looking for a couple of duck to go wuth my existing duck, she ( i think) is lonely on her own. We are in Bedfordshire, so if there is any nearish that would be fab.
    edited September 2009
    What type of duck, age and sex are you looking for?
  • zoep1976zoep1976 Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Not really fussed to be honest, just dont want mine to be on her own, i dont think it is fair, and i would rather rehome one first before going to a farm shop to buy one. My duck is just over 2 months old now and has a big house all to herself.
    Just wondered if there wa.s any anout really, as i am having trouble even locating any for sale in my area
  • scruffyscruffy Member
    edited September 2009
    beegal wrote:

Are you still able to re home cockerels? I bought a 22 week old pullet, who is now crowing! We are in plymouth but would be prepared to travel to Coventry (any excuse to travel back to where I was born!) to re house. He is a lovely beautiful bird, but now he's crowing we can't keep him
    Many thanks
  • andiandi Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi Alan

Thanks for sourcing me some light sussex bantams.Helen is really please at how nice they are.And thanks for the cuckcoo pekins he is very typey and will be used on my hens next year

Andi
  • Boo0169Boo0169 Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi I live in Norfolk and was wondering if anyone can help I need to rehome my 8 running ducks as I have to move at the end of the month and very sadly I can't take them with me. Has anyone any suggestions as to a good new home. Thanks
    edited September 2009
    I have replied to your other post about the runner ducks.

Thanks

Alicia
  • *debbie**debbie* Junior Member
    edited September 2009
    We have a 5 month old (pet) cockerel that my kids hatched (with lots of help from the hen!). He is begining to crow, and we don't want to drive the neighbours too mad, so he has to go. He has a lovely temperament, gets on well with kids, dogs, cats and even hens! We'll be quite happy to take him anywhere as long as he avoids the pot...:(

Just to say he has gone! After searching around and asking for ages, we suddenly had interest, and he is gone to a new home.
    Thanks for the offer Beegal.
    edited September 2009
    *debbie* wrote:
    We have a 5 month old (pet) cockerel that my kids hatched (with lots of help from the hen!). He is begining to crow, and we don't want to drive the neighbours too mad, so he has to go. He has a lovely temperament, gets on well with kids, dogs, cats and even hens! We'll be quite happy to take him anywhere as long as he avoids the pot...:(

pm sent good news
  • steve.woodsteve.wood Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi Beegal

I have 3 Cockerels, 1 jet black (not sure of breed)

He has fathered 2 others, one of burford brown cross and one of cotswold legbar cross.

Will happily swap for a hen that needs a new home, will be sad to let them go as the kids love the 2 hatched from eggs, but cant upset the neighbours!

Let me know if you can assist.

Cheers
    Steve