We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

chickens

may crosslandmay crossland Junior Member
edited July 2008 in "Off Your Chest"
i am just writing to tell everyone i am a new to keeping chickens and im very exceited and had to write to you all lots love may:cool:

Comments

• may crosslandmay crossland Junior Member
    edited July 2008
    hallo i ve six hens one has been laying one egg a day for two weeks now but nothing is happening with the others i m fedding them with layers pellets some fresh veg and corn as a treat i have got some layers mash today to try this has any one got any ideas thanks
  • l1zzyl1zzy Junior Member
    edited July 2008
    how old are they? the layers mash should help. it can also take them a littlle while to settle in. but should start laying in a few weeks. i had an ex bat that tock about a month to settle and now lays 1 egg every day.
  • may crosslandmay crossland Junior Member
    edited July 2008
    they are about 22 weeks old they seem settle as theyhave their own routine up at 6 and back in shed for 9 30 they also come to me as soon as i come home from work for their little treats