We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

smells

hen houserhen houser Junior Member
edited April 2008 in "Off Your Chest"
hi can anyone tell me what i can use to help with any odours in my run as nieghbours who want me to get rid of my hens say they can smell them even though i wash everything every two days
thanx

Comments

• LennyLenny Junior Member
    edited April 2008
    I use something called Poultry Shield. Its a disinfectant and mite killer sprayed all over the hut inside and out. I spray everytime I clean them out and I find it very effective at controlling the smell and has the added bonus off controlling mites in the hut. Spray just before evening when the birds go into roost and some of the spray will transfer to the birds helping to control mites on them too.
  • chookchaserchookchaser Member
    edited April 2008
    In the run we use Hemcore,this dries out really quickly and if the birds poo on it the Hemcore coats it. The Hemcore also has citronella in it which gives off a nice smell. But first sterilise the ground with Stalosan or lime.
  • hen houserhen houser Junior Member
    edited April 2008
    thanx for that
    garry