We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Dodgey ebay eggs???

MyChickieRomanceMyChickieRomance Junior Member
edited February 2008 in "Off Your Chest"
Ive just bought some legbar lovely blue eggs, off ebay, like a week and abit ago. I rested them and then set them in the incy and apon candelling them last night couldnt see anything happening :( :( :( It is just coz there dodgey ebay eggs? Theyve been in since half five last thursday.....

Comments

• madchickenwomanmadchickenwoman Junior Member
    edited February 2008
    Cream Legbar eggs can be a little difficult to see inside, unless they are not fertile, in which case you will see all the way through. Not all eggs on ebay are dodgy. You just have to do your research and find a seller with good feedback. Bit like me really. themadchickenwoman on ebay.
  • MyChickieRomanceMyChickieRomance Junior Member
    edited February 2008
    hi mad. well I must confess, your totally right. I candelled them just now and omg I can seee veins and a little tiny body! (in 5 of them) the other is a slightly more olivey looking shell so.maybe that's why? im so excited lol xxxx
  • 6BuffRocks6BuffRocks Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    A WORD OF WARNING ABOUT EBAY.

Someone sent me question regarding an item on ebay.

The question (SEEMED) that was relayed from my ebay account to the seperate email address (AOL) that was linked to ebay account.

THe question regarding the item was nothing to do with me (asking about payment for little girls shoes - all seems innocent enough!)

When you click the 'Respond now' link in the email (a big yellow button) it takes you through to the sign in page of ebay and you have to enter your user ID and pass.

BUT! you do not really go to genuine ebay (it is cloned)
    THIS IS A PHISHING SITE.
    IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE EBAY except it has a catch line saying 'back for more fun' or ' room for one more' (that's the p*** take)

THe only way you can be safe from this type of hacking is

NEVER RESPOND TO QUESTIONS REGARDING EBAY FROM YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT. ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT GO DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT.

NEVER EVER USE THE SAME PASSWORD THAT YOU USE FOR EBAY AS YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Make sure that when you sign into ebay that it has the padlock icon next to you browser.

Once the hacker is into your account, they can change all of your personal details - and by changing your password and secret question it locks you out of your ebay account.
    Ebay are useless in resolving the issue becuase you can access your (now locked!) account!

It took two solid days to make sure my paypal account was safe.

Please, fellow chuckie members, take great care.

Hope this helps,

Wendy.

Please message me if you need further info.