We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I have to post this.

greenboygreenboy Junior Member
edited April 2008 in "Off Your Chest"
I hate people with pets. My neigs have this nasty dog for 10 years, he was real smelly and pooping all over, he was big and fat, they never really took care of it.
But nevertheless they call it "part of the family" I wanted to have two hen as pet and every body in the n-hood, was upset with me. How about that? f. the dogs.. and Cats. they don't even give you something to eat.:mad:

Comments

• Amandala45Amandala45 Junior Member
    edited February 2008
    well it's not like that everywhere. it might be in your neighborhood, but don't be discriminating about ALL pet owners!!
  • greenboygreenboy Junior Member
    edited March 2008
    You are right AManda. But my N-hood is my planet. YOu know...
  • humblehenhumblehen Junior Member
    edited March 2008
    Some people demanded that we pick up horse poop from the road .. i meant .. what do you expect , to carry a shovel round when out hacking ?
    I don't think ALL n-hoods are like that Greenboy .
    We have never had any complaints about our many cockrels ..
    Humble
  • tarkatarka Member
    edited March 2008
    Its hard to stay calm when people are unreasonable , its ignorant " we live in a world of take , me myself and i ....

Try and rise above it , i fail at times , but when you rise above the filth you'll be free from negative feelings .
    Enjoy your animals " Karma bites everyone back :cool:
  • randyNCrandyNC Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    I don't know what kind of neighborhood you live in. Are you in the heart of a town where animals are not aloud than it isn't just your neighbors its the rules or laws. If the houses aren't real real close you could have a couple hens in a small box type house and fenced in so they can't leave your yard and dogs can't get them.

Don't get a rooster or that would blow your cover. He's the noise maker. If you had 3 or 4 hens the close neighbors may not mind and you would have compost for around plants and garden ect.
  • greenboygreenboy Junior Member
    edited March 2008
    My neighbors have dogs, and they bark all day, as a matter of fat one of the dogs, had a heart attack and died barking( this have nothing to do with me I can swear) but that doesn't bother them, across the street we have a cocker spaniel he barks every minute of the day. A very young policeman in our town told me "is because dogs are not pet anymore they are companions" how about that? he also told me "the dog could start barking at 08:30 am and bark the whole day until 9:00 pm and this is legal.How about that?
  • derekderek Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    ever thought of moving to the uk
    if your a forigner over here you can do anything and get away with it :eek:

ooooo contriversial a ?
  • StickmanStickman Senior Member
    edited March 2008
    My neighbours have a dog that barks at my chickens all day, who respond by squawking all day, so everyone's happy.

spot on Derek:)

Nick.
  • Kate MerrimanKate Merriman Junior Member
    edited March 2008
    Sorry you have had a bad time with your neighbours, not all are like that. Mine have been fab with my noisy ducks, they're more annoyed by my cats.
  • chick_chickchick_chick Junior Member
    edited April 2008
    I feel myself lucky, my nearest neighbor is 5 acres away!:D