We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

mr fox visiting

derekderek Senior Member
edited February 2008 in "Off Your Chest"
has anyone got any ideas on keeping mr fox away from the coop at night ,
my german shepherd guards the garden till we go to bed at night but when i let him out first thing he and my jack russel bitch go absoluteltly mental around the garden cos of the sent the pest has left behind this must be stressing the hens out . Any electrical gismo recomendation welcom.

Comments

• NolaNola Junior Member
    edited February 2008
    I can't help, but I sure would like an electric gismo too! We lost three hens just last night.

Tonight we have them locked in the barn. The ladies are definitly stressed today.

We have a have-a-heart trap set in the regular chicken run.
  • greenboygreenboy Junior Member
    edited February 2008
    We had a Coondog , his name was Mayo, he was good with raccoons and foxes, also I was told ( don't know if this works or not) to urinate around the chicken coop, only guys should do this, no girls. the Male human urine repels the fox I don't know if this worked but I did it, for several years, and no fox around, how about that? I was told this work also with bears.
  • derekderek Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    thanks for that idea green boy good job i have no electric fence around it whoknows what damage i could do to my self. got to go just off down the garden for a slash
    ps where are you writing from :D :D :D ;)
  • derekderek Senior Member
    edited February 2008
    Nola wrote:
    I can't help, but I sure would like an electric gismo too! We lost three hens just last night.

Tonight we have them locked in the barn. The ladies are definitly stressed today.

We have a have-a-heart trap set in the regular chicken run.
    sorry to hear of your loss can you fill me in as to what is a have heart trap
  • Amandala45Amandala45 Junior Member
    edited February 2008
    it's a trap that doesn't kill them. it's one that the ASPCA commonly uses to catch cats or small dogs.