We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sick and smelly

artemesiaartemesia Junior Member
edited August 2006 in Poultry Health and Welfare
My pet 1 year-old Isa Brown is sick and I would welcome any suggestions. For the past 24-36 hours she was noticeably farting heaps and really foul. Last night, sitting on my lap, she let go a huge wet shell-less egg. Her droppings overnight and today are runny and yellowish. She is listless, but eating and drinking a bit. Her crop seems to be very full of a really foul smelling liquid, which she occasionally spits up- it smells like super strong horse-shit or diarrhea. She is normally active, happy healthy, a spoilt pet and daily layer, though she did have a prolapse episode about 6-8 weeks ago. Can anyone help with diagnosis or treatment, as she is a much loved and hilarious member of our menagerie/family.

Comments

• artemesiaartemesia Junior Member
    edited August 2006
    Sorry, I also forgot to mention, her vent area is hot,red and inflamed looking, going down towards her legs.
  • SandySandy Senior Member
    edited August 2006
    I think your little bird has more than one thing wrong with her

One ... I think she has picked up a Crop infection... and now has turned to Sour crop

Two.. I think she has something wrong with her laying organs.. probably a tumor or something

Three... I think she is still suffering from the soft shelled egg episode and is still pushing trying to lay her eggs and its has causes a huge infection

Four ... she probably has LYMPHOID LEUKOSIS
    Big liver disease, LL, lymphatic leukosis, visceral lymphoma (one disease in the leukosis/sarcoma group)

What are you prepared to do to help her and how much are you prepared to pay for medication