We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

ill duck

blublu Junior Member
edited August 2006 in Poultry Health and Welfare
I bought a ellsbury duckling one month ago and it hasn't grown one bit, i have wormed it once and added a calcium supplement to some of its food with no difference, its feet is also covered in big scabs. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the duck? :(

Comments

• SandySandy Senior Member
    edited August 2006
    What do you feed the duckling

Did the duckling have the large scabs on its legs when you bought it

Did they say how old it was when you bought it

Did they say what they were feeding it
  • blublu Junior Member
    edited August 2006
    We are feeding the duckling chick crumbs and some bread. It didn't have the large scabs when we bought it, but its feet were a little off colour. No they didn't say how old it was but it couldn't of been older than a few weeks, they didn't tell us what they were feeding it.

The duck has taken a turn for the worse, it keeps falling on its back and can't get up, it is also very slow. I will try to get a picture of the duckling.
  • SandySandy Senior Member
    edited August 2006
    Where have you been keeping this little duckling

You should have been keeping it in a brooder

Sounds like it has become cold and wet and now has a respiratory infection and also it has eaten some bad food .. spillage that has gone off or dirty water

With its legs showing signs of growths... you must have it in an area that has these leg mites... with other birds or something or in an area that used to have other birds for it to become so badly infested with leg mites in such a short time

What sort of litter is it on
    How and where is it sleeping

Do you still feed it the chick crumbles...and is it medicated.. if yes.. then your poisoning it

Also if you feeding a lot of bread your starving it

Do you have waterers out that it can clean its head an beak... but stay dry