We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

just checking in

hope everyone had a brilliant Christmas. anyone had chicken related gifts this year?
i had a quiet one and everything went smoothly ...even got the dishes done before falling asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!
heres hoping you and yours have a happy and healthy new year
xxxKath

Comments

• doormousedoormouse Senior Member
    Hiya
    We had a quiet one - just how we wanted it! The tradition in our family when our Christmases were bigger and dishwashers were for posh people was...whoever is the last to fall asleep after dinner does the washing up (boy can I imitate a good snore!)

No gifts...we said to everyone years ago not to get anything and we wouldn't get for anyone...we spend the money we would have spent on presents on charity donations...

Happy 2020!
    M
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    We all agree not to get gifts too. Makes for the best 'present' ever - not having to fret about what to get etc! Donations to charities always better.🌝
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    Yay! Just checked in after yonks and the site is back up again :smiley:
    Happy New Year everyone.

A quick update from me;

We still have Sita (Gold laced brahma) but sadly lost her sister Tess 2019 along with Cookie and Bluebird - lots of tears :-(

We still have Whitecloud who we adopted, along with Bluebird, when we moved in here; she has calmed down a lot.

5 new rescues!

3 x white free rangers (The Tinkers) - Evie, Daisy and Michaela. They are really chunky! They were a surprise as we went along to BHWT expecting ex-batts! But a nice surprise.

2 x ex-batts (The Pickles) - Sia and Summer. Sia likes to ride the garden fork whilst looking for worms. Very vocal. Summer shreeks even if she gets a little tap on the back - such a Diva :smiley:

Hope all your girls are doing well xx
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    hi Bonnie lovely to hear from you
    your newbies sound like great characters - isnt it amazing that no two are ever exactly the same
    sounds like youve settled well in your new home and successfully turned it into a chicken heaven
    the sites really quiet but the good news is the spammers dont seem to be getting on
    take care xx Kath
    Bonnieeeeee! Hi!

Stick around and we will swap ex bat tales!
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    Hi Kath and Helen

Good to be back in touch. Sadly had our beautiful 17 yrs old cat put to sleep late last night. Heart broken ..............
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    So sorry to hear that Bonnie- a big gap left after 17 years
    take care xxKath
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Good to hear that the 'Old Lags' are still all keeping chickens. I've got 24 at the moment (most from summer hatchings, and , remarkably, only 4 cockerels).

It's horrible to lose old friends. My dog is nearly 13 now and I have a couple of ewes (retired) who are also in their early teens.
    So sorry to hear about your loss Bonnie.