We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Which disinfectant powder is best and why do you use it?

Just wondering whether to buy some sanitising powder, mainly due to the amount of rain we've been having here in the driest part of the country! Thinking of using it in the hut and the 'dust' bathing area. I don't have a run as they free range.
The choices seem to be: Extra Select, Stalosan, Net tex.

Advice please?

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    ive been using stalosan f ....not only a disinfectant but deodoriser too - its pink so easy to see where you put it and its quite a nice smell. its defra recommended and can be used with all animals and birdsfrom cows to pigeons - also harmless to cats and dogs.
    its had tests and been proved to kill off salmonella and e coli and mycoplasmas amongst other viruses and nasties. also kills worm and fly eggs
    i usually buy the 8 kg tub and it lasts 2 years with me - flytes so fancy are £10 cheaper than amazon
    x Kath
    p.s. i also put some in my cats litter tray - keeps it dry - and in the bottom of my rubbish bins and the dogs favourite piddle post
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Thanks Kath!
  • doormousedoormouse Senior Member
    Hiya
    Stalosan F for me too...I live on a flood plain so muck in the rain is the order of the day...the chooks' muddy feet in the coop makes it messier than normal - in addition to Kath's comments it also works quite well absorbing moisture
    M
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Thanks M.
    Now ordering some...