We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ducks

My mom accidentally kick my baby duck as it was under her feet and she didnt see it. I rushed over and got him its been 8 hours now I've held him in my arms with his head popped up and he's eating his neck it behind him he can't walk but only on his right side i finally let him sleep as i tried keeping him awake cause like a baby if an injury happens as a human that's what you do... I called the vet they said they didn't know what to do but if i bring him in they would look it up for 85 dollars. Ugh no thanks i have mama instinct s but need help but as them i can look it up to they'll end up bringing my baby to the back n say its dead when they come back any suggestions please .i know he's just a duck but he's like my own child

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    Hi
    if anything is broken then youd need a vet to strap him up properly
     if hes just bruised then plenty of rest and a high protein diet supplemented with vitamins would help - either buy drops for fowl or human baby drops
     sometimes shock can make them go off their feet but thats short lived
    heres a link to some brilliant info -
    hope hes soon better
    Kathx