We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

goodbye LillyBeth

just went to check on her and shes gone
those of you that have known me for a while may remember her comical habit of jumping onto my head every time i bent down in the run . thankfully she stopped doing that as she grew which was lucky for me as she grew into quite a big, heavy bird.
she was a lavender araucana and had an extra toe on each foot which didnt affect her in the least.
im going to really miss her presence in the garden - she was big and beautiful
xx kath

Comments

• sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    SO sorry to hear this, Kath.

How old was she ? (Getting on a bit, I think....)

Sandie
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    Thanks Sandie
     She was 8 so not a bad innings for a large fowl.She had a lucky escape when a fox visited a few years back - she lost all her tail feathers but no damage done.
    its funny to see the others in the run - all bantams with Sally sioux in charge towering over them
    x kath
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    Hi Kath, sorry I haven't been around for a while and was sad to hear about Lillybeth.  I'm sure she'll be enjoying that big hennie party in the sky xxx
    thanks Bonnie
     hope you and yours are well
     have you moved yet?
    Kath xx
    Hi Kath
    Yes we have moved.   We've had a few teething problems hence not being on here much.    
    Our girls are good thanks.  We moved with 3 girls and adopted 2 from the previous home owners who could not take them with them.  
    xx
    lucky hens ending up with you
    wishing you all the best in your lovely new home xxxx
    kath
    Thanks Kath, they are both lovely though one is a bit of a pecker!  Nothing serious, no blood drawn - yet :-) 
    xx