We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Large Growth

Hello everyone! 

My rooster just developed a rather large hard growth on his back. i stuck a needle in it to see if there was fluid. there wasn't...all i got was a little blood. i've got no clue what it is. 
Any help would be very much appreciated!! 
Animal Guardian   

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    any chance of a photo ? where abouts is the lump exactly?
    xx kath
  • Animal GuardianAnimal Guardian Junior Member
    here are some pictures:

it seems to be growing...
    sorry i havent seen anything like this before
    whats the skin like . isthere any red areas or is the growth internal . just wondering if theres an infection going on from an ingrown feather or something . if the area is red or theres broken skin id treat it as an infection
    how is the chook in himself - is it causing any problems?
    kath
    the skin is completely normal, it don't look red...may the smallest tint of green.  He is acting himself and it doesn't look like it bothers him at all. i've touched the growth and its not painful. 

The growth seems internal not growing on the outside. 

Animal Guardian 
    Could be bruised tissue or a fatty lump if its not causing any problems
    the only other thing i can think is it could be pus gone hard similar to youtr bird with the swollen face in which case some abs wouldnt go amiss
     good luck
    x kath
    What kind of abs would you recommend for me to use for my rooster?
    Thank you!!
     Animal Guardian 
    Have you any left from treating the hen?If you cant get any more of that try baytril .

how is the rooster in himself?
    xx kath
    okay thank you!!! 

My rooster seems completely normal except for that giant growth on his back.  I will start him on abs tomorrow.

Animal Guardian