We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hello!

Sorry to have neglected you again...you have never been out of my thoughts! Yorkie, Galinda and Elphaba still going strong....Yorkie is like the duracelll bunny...a real Nelly Dean! M!

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    good to hear from you Marie - hope everyone is ok
    glad to hear the chooks are going strong with you
    xx kath
  • doormousedoormouse Senior Member
    Thanks Kath...yeah OK...Mum's alzeimers is kicking in worse by the day (I will never have another normal conversation with her again...am learning loads more about the family...unfortunately I will never know if it's true or not!!!)...had a few deaths in the family which included coroner's inquests...but decided I need my life back too now...chooks are so relaxing...how's my mate Georgie? M ~:>
    Georgie is doing just fine ....im lucky not to have lost her when the 3 bluebelles decided to attack her at the same time   but they are still segregated - cant take that chance again ...if it had been one of the smaller ones they would have killed her .
    the bluebelles are happy enough where they are and the others are happy they dont have to worry about them
    ill give georgie a grape off you later ...she still comes into the kitchen for one
    xx kath
    Poor love!...she could come for a holiday!...she could teach Galinda a lesson or 2 regardless of how small she is!...A HUGE grape is what she deserves...but I thought she just got a grape when she laid an egg - is that happening?! ~:>
    no eggs at all this year and no broodiness either ...still comes in for a grape though when shes feeling peckish :)
     xx kath
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    So glad to hear that Yorkie is still around.  It's about time another exbat got a good innings.
    She's amazing!...and such a lovely personality...how's your lot doing Helen?  ~:> M
    Just taken on 3 batties in October from the BHWT.  Sadly, one had a big egg mass and didn't make it, but the other two are really fun and thriving.  

That's lovely Helen - at least the little one knew some love and cuddles in her little life, again thanks you you! What are the other two rampagers called?  ~:> M
    Marie it was quite heart breaking when we got her home.  I was thinking it might be kinder to kill her there & then, but I have seen even bigger (egg mass) girls than her in the past, 'freshly rescued', so we decided to give her a few days and see how she went.  We called her 'Dusty', hoping that she would at least get to have a dust bath before she went; she did; and a sun bathe too! 
    Sadly hers was one of the worst cases I have seen inside though :-&

The other two are called Pumpkin and Ivy.  Pumpkin is already showing signs of being super clever...

Here's Dusty enjoying a sunbathe:

DSCN2931

And here is a pic which compares her abdomen to the others:

DSCN2943
    edited November 2016
    Dusty's huge poor love...but she looked happy if only for a little while! Looking forward to Pumpkin's 'tests'...If Pumpkin's that clever I feel you having The Times pursuing you this time (I might phone them!)...you really will be my claim to fame...ker-ching!!!...Ivy can just amble round with the others as normal and live a Nelly Dean life...sorted!!! ~:> M

• BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    Sweet Dusty. Feeling the sun on her body for the first time. Bless her short little life but thanks to you Helen for giving her the love she so deserved in the end. RIP Dusty x