We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Been missing you all...but have good news!

Hi - have been too awol I know...I have 2 random jobs so not in a routine and Mum has Alzheimers so spending as much time as possible with her...I have missed the forum though but just got out of the habit...determined to get back now!

I will catch up with all of your news later but just wanted to let you know that Yorkie made it...4 year rescue anniversary today...(her comb's a bit blue round the edges and she's on the light side but at the moment alert, happy and healthy looking)...yayy!!
:D M

IMG_1025
IMG_1030

Comments

• solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Blimey - who are you again? 

I've been wondering about you and Yorkie (well, especially Yorkie!) and missing your sense of humour on the forum Marie. :-h
    Go on Yorkie - you could beat the record at this rate!

Sorry to hear about your Mum.

Hx
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    Welcome home! Sorry about your Mum that is really hard - my  MiL has some sort of dementia/alzheimers and the bad days are sad - specially the confused phone calls (but at least she still manages to use the phone!!)

Well done Yorkie wow that is excellent, she gets to enjoy another summer.
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    well done to you and Yorkie
    <:-P   <:-P
    cant wait to get you back on the forum ...youre the most sensible of us all
    ~:> :-h
    xx kath
    Kath - are you sure you've got the right person?  Marie?  Sensible? Well I suppose after being away from us lot for long enough it might be the case! ;)
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    Yay :-) welcome back Marie :-)
    Sorry to hear about your Mum. Good that you now live really close by to her, I mean really close by ;-)
    xx
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Welcome back, Marie.

Please ignore the Captain Sensible comments from Kath. She is all pine ends and doing things right now in a minute.

Dementia is such a tough one to deal with, especially when those nearest and dearest forever get the rough edge of their tongues. My 91 year old (in a couple of days) mother is as she says "losing me marbles". This does not prevent her from giving opinions on any and every thing and telling everyone what she thinks of them/how they should live their lives. At the same time she has become hypersensitive to any comment made about her. Don't I just know what I'll be like in a few years......practising right now....

Anyway, congrats. on a 4-year rescue....she still looks very sharp eyed.

Don't stay away so long this time......

Sandie

L-) L-)
  • doormousedoormouse Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    From the heart of Yorks and I thank you so much for your welcome back and support...I don't know why I'm surprised but I am unashamedly quite nicely choked...!!!  ^:)^ Galinda and Elphaba are quite pleased too, although Galinda is still too busy feather pecking to be bothered...

What's the record again Helen ?- Nelly Dean innit you lucky person - 6 yrs ish?...I dunno about Yorks for that but would be amazing?

Yes dementia/alzheimers is worse for the family then the sufferers I think....Mum knows she's 'going crazy' as she puts it but is currently in a place where we can all laugh at her antics...and where the memories of yesteryear come to the fore, I am learning so much about the family (of course I don't have a clue if it's true or not, but it's entertaining!)...but as Jules says, the days she rings me to ask me what day it is as my stepdad is in a meeting as she doesn't want to disturb him are upsetting to say the least...but at least she can ring...and Bonnie, I am so glad I bought the house next door - even though it wasn't where I would have chosen, it was right...and I love the house and garden even though I miss Essex!

Sandie - what your 91 year old Ma sounds like is what mine has been like for about 30 years - she's currently 78...eek!!...so that means I must be practising too!

Kath has obviously put that extra wood to good use to pad out her brain...unless I was sensible for a few minutes and forgot...as I say to my Mum..."do they do BOGOF at the Memory Clinic?"!!!ROFL...or is my favourite Georgie getting to you!  

Thank you all and I'm back whether you like it or not...~:> M

Blimey - I suppose we should be careful what we wish for! ;)

Nothing wrong with your memory Marie - Nelly Dean was 8+ years, so 6+ rescue years would be correct (even I had to look it up to check it was that long!!!)

My oldest at the moment is Violet, who has had her 2 year rescue anniversary this Spring.