We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

my bluebelle bullies to the rescue

undautriundautri Senior Member
i reckon fate handed me 3 aggressive Bluebelles for a reason ....................

https://plus.google.com/115937642924342264831/posts/KKFY8QqTjzw?pid=6284126623518154626&oid=115937642924342264831
kath

Comments

• LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    Oh dear, that's what you don't want to see in the hen house! Great reaction from the hen though - now if only she could catch it!
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Wonder what she'd make of those RAF rats from last year Kath ;)
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    i think he may have gone ....4 traps 2 new fully loaded bait stations and a sachet pushed into the hedge and i haven't seen him since
    i took the pic a few days ago ...kept seeing it sneaking out of the hedge , grabbing a mouthful of corn then legging it back into the hedge he started off nervous of the chickens but then got more daring as you can see
    i was in the main run , just feet away , he couldn't see me cos they are very short sighted , couldn't smell me cos the wind was blowing towards me and couldn't hear me as the radio was on
    i confess to tying a long piece of string to the door and threading it through the wire into the main run so i could pull it and trap him in the run for George to "play" with but it saw me moving my hand and got out ...much to Rachels relief as she didn't want George to learn how to kill in case he started killing the chooks , i told her Benji killed rats and mouse and he was OK but she thinks George is impressionable  :-B
    as for the RAF crew they've alkready been sighted and no doubt will eat all my nuts again
    xx kath
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    A sachet of what Kath?  Nice pot pourri maybe? Another one of great grandad's old tricks?   ;)
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    waiting with baited breath .......what sachet?
    a sachet of "sleeping" powder
    must have worked as theres no sign of him now
    xx kath
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    I dare not use that any more Kath. Such a disaster last time with one of my favourite little ones. (and apparently it isn't supposed to affect them if they get into it..... not true)(it was safely in a box, with passages to get to the stuff, but the rats must have dragged it out on their bellies or something.......)
    im always very nervous so this time i stuffed it into the hedge and barricaded around it a good foot out just incase any got spilled but rattie dragged it further in . i usually put sachets behind a large board thats in the waste ground behind the pens where the chooks never go 
    the bait i bought for the bait boxes is in blocks so not easy for the rat to pull out a whole one ...they were nibbled but hardly touched.. ive also got 4 traps set up around the garden where only rats can get to them ., years ago i managed to accidently catch a starling in one so now i make sure they too are well hidden
    i thought id got away with a winter without any little visitors - this one was obviously waiting for nicer weather
    xx kath
  • doormousedoormouse Senior Member
    ...Maltesers anyone??!!  :-h M