We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

holey wire batman

i ordered wire to extend the bluebelles run seeing as theyre being so horrid to the little ones
i bought a roll off amazon from a firm called price attack , put it up then found this hole near the end.....luckily it was at the top or the banties would have got through it ..plus a good job im not using it to keep out foxes 
they ignored my first e mail but just replied to my second insisting that i return the roll of wire if i want a refund or replacement
 i cant take it down again now and certainly am not willing to pay postage to return it
not sure where that leaves me ....but thought id warn you all if youre looking to buy wire
fence

Comments

• BonnieBonnie Senior Member

Hi Kath

Totally unreasonable.  Do they expect you to unroll the whole thing to check for damage first.  Maybe if it was silk material but a long length of wire fence come on :-(

Try going to Amazon as they have a buyer dispute programme and are usually very good at sorting things out.

Good luck :-)  Let us know how you get on. 

• 275wright275wright Senior Member
    I would definitely complain to Amazon Kath, that is a ridiculous request by anybody's standards. You've got photographic evidence. x
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Agree with others. Complain directly to Amazon....they are very good in dealing with complaints.

Holy, holy, holy, Kath has bought a bogey.....sort of Easter-ish?

sandie
  • BonnieBonnie Senior Member
    I used to love playing with my bogey :-)
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    I dont know! the confessions i hear on this forum
    i havent heard from them today so ill give them til the morning then ill contact amazon

Sandie ...fence the path with holey wire fal de lal de lal de lal lal lal
    cant stop - got 3 men here putting scaffolding up my pine end :)
    x kath
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    OOOH ER missus! :))
    Kath....hope that's not TOO painful. Complaints to his Holey-ness will be dealt with in due course.

Bonnie....just what sort of bogey WAS that?

Meanwhile 9 bottle lambs, (including one that is just 6 inches long) and lots of eggs, so Onward Brainless Smallholder, Marching as to bore....

Sandie

lol Sandie :)
    good luck with the little ones - pictures please
    the builders arent starting til next Thursday but the scaffolding was used today .......

All things winged and feathery
    All birdies big and small
    Are nesting in my garden
    I dont mind that at all.

But theres a pair of Jackdaws
    With nookie on their mind
    Dropping moss down my chimney pot
    And twigs of every kind

CHORUS

I thought the builders would scare them
    And keep this pair at bay
    But they were back this morning
    With twigs and bits of hay

CHORUS

I know this site hates cages
    And free range should be for all
    But ive had to get a man out
    With a great big wirey ball

pic to follow :\">
    xx kath

:)) :)) :))
    AAAAgh.....A great big wirey ball? 

Auto-correct wanted that to be Winey Ball....sounds good to me.

Sandie

• doormousedoormouse Senior Member
    I've missed you lot!!  ^:)^...congrats on the lambs Sandie! and Kath, that wire company sounds ridiculous, but I'm sure you must have a little bit of wood somewhere to patch up that hole!!  :D M
    that reminds me ...the roof of my main run is sagging a bit so i need to order wood to reinforce it ..havent worked out how much i need yet though
    the wire company are ignoring me again so ive filed a complaint with amazon ..its not the money ,it wasnt that expensive ,  its the principal
    xx kath
    A sagging main run....yes I know just how you feel.

Lots of eggs right now, and my own version of 'Twins'

Popeye and new lambs (1)This little lady is called LLaila and weighed under a pound at birth. Here she is in her  chihuahua coat. Yes, I'm going to keep her.

Lleila
    thats got to be the cutest little lamb ever :) :)
    im not showing this to Rachel ...shell want one
    are you setting any eggs Sandie to get yourself a cockerel or two ?im toying with the idea
    good news - amazon stepped in and refunded my money for the peep hole wire
    xx Kath
    LLaila  is amazing....she's got a little fat milk belly now.

I might try a little cockerel hatching this year...Gordon is getting too big for his wattles as the token male.

Glad you have your wire sorted...Amazon is quite good.

If you want a few Gordon eggs (not laid by him, you understand) ...am rhad ac am ddim....just p.m. me.....

Sandie

edited April 2016
    thats very generous of you Sandie and as much as id love to have a gordon clone i dont think Buffy would last long under him  :-O shes so lickle bickle        https://plus.google.com/115937642924342264831/posts/N1zmqhCysSZ?pid=6272759627740945938&oid=115937642924342264831

im really missing Krull so do want another cockerel but i need a cockerel thats not too big for the banties and not so small the big ones will beat him up
    theres none on the market at the moment but sure to be some in the summer..failing that then ill put eggs under Sally Sioux
    xx kath
    If you want any (free) of my bunch, just let me know.

thank you Sandie :)
    btw how is your daughter now?
    xx kath
    Oldest...doing well after car accident,but more trouble with her eye. Youngest....only car written off in car accident. Just got engaged.

Thank you for asking.

Sandie
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    Congratulations on the engagement Sandie, but the car accident is another worry. Happened to our daughter (twice) cars written off.... it's the phone call you don't want to get. Llaila is gorgeous - are you feeding through the night? Or does she stay with mum and get topped up?
    Llaila is in with the other 8 bottle lambs.....mum lost interest in her to her brother (3-4 times her size). Her coat is now off and she has a nice little milk belly. They are fed at 9:00 p.m and go through to 7:00....so night feeds only in first day or two. Thanks for asking,Jules.

I wrote my car off in 2012....I think that the girls were trying to outdo me....both skidded on ice...nobody else involved, thank goodness.

So...how's your pine end, Kath? It sounds as though it needs fixing now in a minute...

Sandie
    theyve done a bit over by here and a bit over by there so just a bit left to do now mondayhttps://plus.google.com/u/0/115937642924342264831/posts/WXS4B6qpLhc?pid=6273778055110419618&oid=115937642924342264831
    yay my pretty flower is back
    pine end flower
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    looking great!
    I think you should ask them to do a chicken motif a bit further down, don't you? ~:>
    i thought about a cockerel motif but didnt seem right now im cockless
    check out todays work ...dashing coming along but a bit worried about the down pipe at the back of the house ...
    instead of coming down its now tied to the scaffolding so my dashing will keep dry if it rains but next doors van will get a shower :-O
    dashing started
    Clearly you are a bit lacking in the cock front, but that's a fine pine end.

I'm hoping to see scaffolding around our end soon as we have a chimney which leaked like a sieve during the heavy rains and water came down into the sitting room. However, roofers (operating with a bit of sense!) said 'no can do at this time' in the gale force winds and driving rain with mist so thick you couldn't see your feet if you were over 5 feet tall. Hopefully they will now venture out into these parts now it';s drier (but still very cold!)

Meanwhile the chooks think the weather is wonderful and are laying vast amounts of eggs, fed largely on on ewe pellets and digestive biscuits which they steal from the sheep. Several are sitting for longer and longer on the mountains of eggs, though.

Sandie
    Next thing you know the sheep will be eating the hens feed and laying eggs.  Now there's an idea....
    Helen,they already do eat the hen food. Here is old Longface even eating their porridge.
    If you look at the composition of ewe nuts and layers they are much the same.I can't think what the sheep equivalent of the hen song would sound like......Long eating porridge 3
    I was wondering about dear old Longface; doesn't she look good!