We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

need help

newbienewbie Junior Member
edited December 2007 in "Off Your Chest"
I have some three month old pullets that have started being very unstable. One started out with a broken wing ( no idea how). We bandaged her up and she was a little unstable at first. She got her bearings though. We confined her, and checked on her every waking hour for 4 days. Fine until the On the 5th day she was unable to stand. That day we found another pullet, same age, dead for no explainable reason. Now 2 days later, we have another one, very unstable. She looks as though she does the splits when she walks. Help!!!!! Sould I remove the other three same age, from the flock (1 rooster and 5 hens) ? Plus, I have 4 more that are a month younger, that I'm getting ready to introduce. As my name implies I'm a newbie. I inherited the flock from the people we bought the house from. Please help me.

Comments

• CountryGirl123321CountryGirl123321 Junior Member
    edited September 2007
    i don't really know but it might be a good idea to separate the sick ones from the healthy, just incase it is a contagious deseas
  • edited November 2007
    newbie wrote:
    I have some three month old pullets that have started being very unstable. One started out with a broken wing ( no idea how). We bandaged her up and she was a little unstable at first. She got her bearings though. We confined her, and checked on her every waking hour for 4 days. Fine until the On the 5th day she was unable to stand. That day we found another pullet, same age, dead for no explainable reason. Now 2 days later, we have another one, very unstable. She looks as though she does the splits when she walks. Help!!!!! Sould I remove the other three same age, from the flock (1 rooster and 5 hens) ? Plus, I have 4 more that are a month younger, that I'm getting ready to introduce. As my name implies I'm a newbie. I inherited the flock from the people we bought the house from. Please help me.
    I am so sorry to hear that, how dreadful for you. :( Please could you say how they are now. Did they make it, and did you find out what was wrong? Best wishes to you.
  • sammisammi Senior Member
    edited December 2007
    wondering how your chicks are?
    they probably needed a change in their diet, or vitamins.
    we would need more information to help you.
    for help with sick chickens, post in the Health and Welfare forum for quicker help.