We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

vet help please

whitneypluwhitneyplu Junior Member
edited July 2007 in Producers and Vets
I live in Texas and I can not find a vet anywhere within a 4 hour drive that will see any bird other than hookbills. Can a vet here give me any suggestions that might persuade them into seeing my birds from chickens to pheasants. Otherwise I have to just try and figure what is making them sick and medicate them thru trail and error. Right now I have a peacock that when he calls several times in a row his voice has a cracking sound at the end of the last call. He is 6 years old and has not done this before until a month ago. I have wormed him with Ivamec and even started mixing 2 pounds of DE with 50 lbs of feed. I have also gave him febabenzol( not the right spelling but you get the name i am trying to say). I have also gave him a medicine for CRd and it still continues. One vet said when I brought him in " he is probably horse and we do not see farm birds, you need to find someone else." I even told him I would pay him double the office visit to no help. How do I get these vets to help?
Dusty:confused: