We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

ChickSezChickSez Junior Member
edited February 2012 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi All,

Would like to say a warm hello from Ireland!

:)

Comments

• sophie smithsophie smith Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi and welcome!!! :) I joined this forum a few months ago and couldn't live without it now. An abudance of knowledge and friendly advice! Enjoy! X
  • ChickSezChickSez Junior Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks I look forward to meeting new people and duscissing similar topics.

:)
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Welcome Chicksez. How many and what type of hens do you keep?
    edited February 2012
    Hello

I have 6 brown Sussex Hens! Beautiful creatures they are. I have ahd them for nearly 2 years and am loving it more and more keeping them.
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I have some buff Sussex bantams just coming into lay. They are lovely birds. Never thought I would have Sussex as I always thought they were just white.... lol and I am not that keen on white for some odd reason! No doubt sooner or later I will see a white hennie that I will fall for! You must be doing things right if you have had your girls for 2 years without a problem!
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Hello Chicksez! Are you anywhere near our Babs Nut House Hen Rescue & Rehoming in Co.Armagh?
    edited February 2012
    I do admit I probally spent too much on them but now the children have left home I feel I can justify this expense! lol :)

Why did you get rid of them then?
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Oooops - don't think I made myself clear - Nut House Hen Rescue is a charity that's recently been set up by one of the forum members, and they do some marvellous work rehoming egg producing hens due for slaughter. Here is the link to their website for information:

http://www.nuthousehenrescue.co.uk/

We are all very pround of Babs and her partner Sam for getting this off the ground:D
    edited February 2012
    solarbats wrote:
    Oooops - don't think I made myself clear - Nut House Hen Rescue is a charity that's recently been set up by one of the forum members, and they do some marvellous work rehoming egg producing hens due for slaughter. Here is the link to their website for information:

http://www.nuthousehenrescue.co.uk/

We are all very pround of Babs and her partner Sam for getting this off the ground:D

Lol thats a lovely site, I think its such a brilliant idea!
    edited February 2012
    ChickSez wrote:
    Hello

I have 6 brown Sussex Hens! Beautiful creatures they are. I have ahd them for nearly 2 years and am loving it more and more keeping them.

lol I apologies for my bad description of my beautiful hens they are brownish/white freckles so thats proberly why you were confused there!

Anyone else keep these sussex hens?

:confused: