We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

How much does a hen weigh?

solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
edited August 2011 in Poultry Health and Welfare
Does anyone have a link for a chart of average weights for different breeds of chicken? :confused:
This would come in handy when working out medication dosage, as I have a great vet who will let me have certain things without seeing the hens.
Kitchen scales are just too scary for chooks to stand on:eek: and human scales aren't quite accurate enough!

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    this site shows average werights but not in chart form sorry
    http://www.omlet.co.uk/breeds/breeds.php?breed_type=Chickens
    kath
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Have a look at sites specific to the breed you are looking for. I did find somehwere that had weights - even of the eggs that were laid (and number of eggs) but I just can't remember where!! It could have been breed specific too.
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks ladies - I did come across the omlet link before so glad you found it again for me! It doesn't always have weight but there is some good info.
  • edited May 2017
    I think kitchen scales somtime are good in daily use.Maybe it is not suitable here.