We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

What type of chicken?

LizGLizG Junior Member
edited September 2011 in "Off Your Chest"
I saw this chicken at a local farm that I was visiting and I would really like to add a few to my flock. What type of chicken is this so that I can find a breeder to buy the chick from?

Comments

• solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    It may be a type of Hamburgh but it's difficult to tell from the picture. Can you post a larger pic? Is it bantam size?
  • LizGLizG Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    No it's not small. I can't post a bigger picture because the website won't allow the KB's needed to post a bigger one. I will look up what you posted. Thanks for you help!
  • HerbertHerbert Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    how does it matter what type of chicken is this?
    Ultimately it'a a feast...:D
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Looks very much like Silver Spangled Hamburg(h).

And 'Herbert'....no, that bird does not represent a feast to the vast majority of people on this site. If you are thinking of spamming.....don't bother.

Sandie
  • Texas JuliaTexas Julia Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    You probably already have a link (but here's another one if you do) on chicken breeds. It does look like a Hamburg.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/breed-chart

:) I believe in the golden egg. Why would I eat the chicken for one meal when I could have eggs to feed my family for years?
  • janey bjaney b Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    i agree hamburgh, and well said sandie, we love our chooks, :D jane b x
  • mollydollymollydolly Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    you could be in luck I see kittykat has some hamburgs for sale on another post.....look in the market place