We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Foxes

janiesjanies Junior Member
edited April 2011 in "Off Your Chest"
Foxes managed to pull apart a really solid wire run and kill all of my much loved girls, 9 of them in total, all individual and much loved characters, on saturday night.
The girls were in their coop and when they came out in to their run in the morning..the b.... foxes took them all.
Am I the only person who thinks BRING BACK FOX HUNTING...OR SEND MEN WITH GUNS.

My beautiful girls all gone.

Comments

• LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    So sorry to hear your news. A determined fox is hard to stop without a bullet. Hope you will feel able to start again soon. I would want any fox troubling my hens shot. No questions asked.
  • mollydollymollydolly Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    oh no how sad poor girls that is so horrible. Foxes will chew through normal chicken wire and will wiggle through any small hole to get in. At this time of year they are hungry and will come back to a run again and again to find weak spots.
    Can you see where they got in or how?
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited April 2011
    Oh Janie - I really feel for you. How you must miss your girls. Foxes are just so crafty it is difficult to be one hundred percent sure they won't get in.
    Thanks for reminding us to all double check our own coops/runs.