We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Had to laugh at this conversation...

HollyHolly Junior Member
edited January 2011 in "Off Your Chest"
This is just a little jokey rant at those who don't like animals. I've just bought a lovely coop for my (future) ducks. I've always loved animals, so always want to increase the 'menagerie' as I just love spending time with my pets :)
I was telling my step-dad that I'd just bought the coop, and my uncle was there. He just does not get the point in owning or being around animals! :eek:
He piped in saying "What have you bought" so I said "a Duck coop" and he was like "a what?" so I repeated myself, several times, then said "as in, a house and run for ducks, I'm getting ducks!" and he said "why, for eggs?" and I said "No, not really, I just want ducks" and so he said "so, you're going to sell them for a profit?" NO!:mad: I just want to own ducks because I actually like animals and don't want to use them for my own gain! He just doesn't get it! :confused: I tried explaining several times that I just like ducks, but I've given up trying lol!

Comments

• solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Oh I think we all know a few like that! It's such a relief to have this forum to share with like-minded people.
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Yes, it is difficult for those who don't love animals to understand why we want more and more.....
    Good luck with your ducks....enjoy. We have an enormous pond/mini lake and we have the joy of nesting Canada geese, mallards , coots etc in the Spring...... but too far from the house to expect even our over-energetic Border Collie to patrol.
    However we are buying more land from a neighbour, so I have already stated my intention to have more chooks and some turkeys.....hubby rolled his eyes skywards when I told him.(This is a guy who believed me when I told him my Naked Necks were ostriches.........I let him rant on for a while about how he would have to increase the fence heights to 5 feet or more to keep them in as adults!)......so turkeys are pretty 'tame' really.

Sandie