We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hen calender for charity

BaltiAngelBaltiAngel Senior Member
edited January 2011 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi there anyone interested in donating some hen pictures for a calender ...maybe have to be perpetual now...for a charity like BHWT, and someone printing it sustainably with the proceeds we buy it (and friends) and rest goes to the charity?
L:)

Comments

• solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Yes - I'd be interested, especially since being coached in photo posting techniques!
  • BaltiAngelBaltiAngel Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Great! I thought we could all donate 12 pictures one for each month, themed, and depending on how many join in, there would be at least one pic each and then maybe one more?
    I have a perpetual monkey sanctuary calender so I will go the them first and see where they had it printed(they are very sustainable there), and print it up for all of you to buy for your friends and family.Iwill cover all the costs and the rest will go to BHWT. As it doesn't matter where you start in the year(there are no days, just dates) it can be given anytime...What do you think?
    I would post on pm and then Ill get in touch by email just in case we have issues on here.
    all good
    Merry Christmas!
  • mollydollymollydolly Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I think the BHWT did a photo thing a little while ago to decorate their new lorry...pretty sure they were inundated.
    There is no shortage of great photos just a shortage of technical know how to get them published :o)
    edited December 2010
    I will do my best in that respect, and yes they did do a lorry thing....have got s few ideas for the whole thing and hopefully a printer for the final product...jus needs people signing up!
    Let me know your emails in a pm if you are interested?
  • flintstoneflintstone Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    BaltiAngel wrote:
    I will do my best in that respect, and yes they did do a lorry thing....have got s few ideas for the whole thing and hopefully a printer for the final product...jus needs people signing up!
    Let me know your emails in a pm if you are interested?
    How is your calender coming along, have you enough photos?
    edited December 2010
    Hi there, it had a respite for Christmas but I am hoping that people will be signing up for the calender soon. I don't have enough yet so send me a pm with your email address, Ill send you an email and we go from there.
    I am waiting to get in touch with BHWT till the new year, just so I can talk to the right people. Its always a bit on the slow side this side of new year so I will be moving up a gear then!
    Thanks for the interest..and I look forward to seeing your pictures, theres so amny colourful hens and cockerels on this site!

• flintstoneflintstone Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    BaltiAngel wrote:
    Hi there, it had a respite for Christmas but I am hoping that people will be signing up for the calender soon. I don't have enough yet so send me a pm with your email address, Ill send you an email and we go from there.
    I am waiting to get in touch with BHWT till the new year, just so I can talk to the right people. Its always a bit on the slow side this side of new year so I will be moving up a gear then!
    Thanks for the interest..and I look forward to seeing your pictures, theres so amny colourful hens and cockerels on this site!

I at present dont have any chooks. I ahd a problem with mites and lice and did the next best think. I had to eradicate all my chooks from the pen for 12months, so I miss my chooks terribly, but am plannng in the next few months of replacing them I might get some different
    chooks to what I had in the past. I do have a few photos of my old girls and there were plenty of them some 400 hens or so and around 50 roosters. We used to wake up to them crowing every morning so I do miss that now and then. But mind you it has taken all of 12 months not to miss them. But I like to go down to the chook pen of an afternoon and collect the eggs, all I can do at present is go down there water the fig tree and clean the place up in readiness for my new batch. I shall have to wait till it cools down, as we are having some where in the vicinity of 45 degrees celcius which is really hot, well over 100 farenheit. I can PM you with my email address.
    edited January 2011
    Even more determined now, and also well after the bout of flu. Watch this space people!!
  • ashgroveinnashgroveinn Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Well, ladies, this could get interresting? You do realise that you need to have some "risky" pics for it to have a bigger audience (men), I hope. Hmmmm..., I might just buy one........
    edited January 2011
    Cheeky!!:D
    edited January 2011
    But true? It is hard competition in that market, and you will need the "wow"-factor to sell.
    edited January 2011
    I'm sorry - I'd be too chicken!
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    lol solarbata!
    ive got a photo of my sheila looking like a lop-sided katie price...that risque enough for you Thorleif?
    i could send this thread off on a tangent and offer you pics of my 2 cocks, well even ex-batts have an eye for toyboys too- look at Dora and Sir Elijah
    kath
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Please sign me up. All our hennies have come from them and without their efforts a lot more girls would be pet food! They have also done so much work to make everyone aware of hen and egg issues in this country. Great idea.
    edited January 2011
    Not saucy I'm afraid but how about a pic of Geoffrey (ex batt hen, named by my daughter - don't ask...) who decided to settle down in the washing machine - it was during the snow and we had brought her inside because she looked off colour!
    Jules
    edited January 2011
    BaltiAngel, have you seen how many views your post has? Looks like you will great a lot of support for your idea.:)
    edited January 2011
    I am sure I would be well suited as a TOYBOY. I am ONLY 59! And childish.
    edited January 2011
    Oh kath I nearly went off on the same tangent but didn't want to lower the tone too much! ROFL!
    edited January 2011
    Littlechick,
    can you send me a pm with your email address on it please?
    thanks for the interest, its certainly gaining popularity!!
    edited January 2011
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • battwomanbattwoman Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    sooooooooooo good i thought you deserved some srars;)
    fi x
    edited January 2011
    srars?????
    edited January 2011
    I think its STARS she meant my lovely, although coming from somerset, maybe it was right first time!!:D
    edited January 2011
    doormouse wrote:
    The calendar is certainly gaining momentum...and creativity:eek: ! I now have this vision of a 'calendar girls' style with us forum members getting our unsuspecting partners (male or female) to pose with a chook...hmmm!:D

I've just signed my husband up for that! That's definately "hentertainment"!
  • battwomanbattwoman Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    must have had my glass of wine! ;)
    fi x
    edited January 2011
    Have you seen how many "views" this thread has had. Just think if only half of them bought a calendar that would be a good start!
    edited January 2011
    Hi all! will be sending out emails this week, so if you haven't already sent me yours, now is the time!
    Im not going to rush it but I am hoping for a provisional Easter date
    thanks for all your interest and support!!