We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

mealworms

ozyon12ozyon12 Junior Member
edited December 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi, just wondering is it ok to feed chooks dried mealworms instead of live mealworms? does anybody know?

Comments

• battwomanbattwoman Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    yep no problems, they love em!
    fi
  • ozyon12ozyon12 Junior Member
    edited November 2010
    Thanks, much appreciated:p
  • iloveexbatsiloveexbats Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    If you can bear the smell, they also loved dried mealworms that have been soaked in hot water - it makes them nice and juicy -yeuch!
    edited December 2010
    Sounds great, Thanks:D
  • RoodieRoodie Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I ve been mixing dry mealworms in with their porrage and they seem to love that plus you dont get that nasty smell of wet worms when they ve soaked with the porrage ! My little one was horrified the other day when i made it she thought it was for her !! lolxx bless :D
    faye (roodie) xx
    edited December 2010
    I hear so much about this porrage, could someone pls let me know how it is made. I think my chooks are missing out on something yummy. Also because I live in australia, it is difficult to find mealworms in bulk. I brougt some from the net so I am waiting for it to arrive also I have a live mealworm farm going in the garage.
    edited December 2010
    Much appreciated, I'm sure my girls will love it. Thanks