We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

namby pambys

undautriundautri Senior Member
edited December 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
heard a commotion earlier and went out to investigate.
something in my neighbours hedge had spooked the chooks.(Probably a rat after the bird table) sheila was doing the alarm call and walking towards the hedge, followed by the 2 young pullets.... and where were my 2 boys?- standing a safe distance away, watching in silence.
Id like to think that they were poised ready to help, but knowing these 2 they were probably poised, ready to run:D
Krull the Conqueror and Honey Buzzard- more like namby and pamby:D

in case youre wondering, georgie was in the greenhouse so didnt care less and my cat was keeping the rug in front of the fire warm!
kath

Comments

• spodskispodski Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Males!!!! :D
  • BaltiAngelBaltiAngel Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    My cockerel gets so scared by the rogue cats that he scares all the girls into a right panic...but he will chase our cats out of the garden....knows that they are well trained I think...
    L:)
  • ozyon12ozyon12 Junior Member
    edited November 2010
    Now come on girls, us males don't come to the rescue for trivial matters, we only come when we are really needed.
  • iloveexbatsiloveexbats Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I saw a large dog fox (the size of our labrador) strolling towards our hen's electric fence the other morning. By the time I had run downstairs and donned the wellies etc.. the fox had gone but Sir Elijah was there in the nearest corner to where the fox had been with his ultra long neck on, making fierce noises, with Dora a little behind doing the same thing. The other girls were hiding under the house. I was quite impressed with his bravery - considering what a namby pamby chick he had been. It's amazing what a dose of hormones does to a chap. The problem is that he now thinks he's invicible because I don't think he would have worked out that it was the electric fence, not him that put the fox off~! As for Dora - well she is the bionic hen after all.:)
  • battwomanbattwoman Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    great to hear the electric fence is doing it's job, and the pair of bouncers on the door! dora and sir elijah sound like a formidable pair!
    fi x
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    i love dora- you should write a book about her:D
    i dont blame my boys for being wusses- i blame the parents- no sign of the father (e bay eggs) and the mother started bullying them at 5 weeks. then i buy 3 girlfriends, one of which turned out to be a bully who attacked them constantly (still has a go at Buzz)....broken home....badly abused....theyve got plenty of excuses:D
    kath
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited December 2010
    My Dark Brahma boy was ripped to shreds by a fox in the summer, so i think he tried to stand up for the girls. Whitey, biggest Red Pyle I have ever seen and my current alpha male is lazy and arrogant. He just struts around looking pretty, but has to eat first, eat most ( and has barely shown his massive shape out of the coop during this weather).He is not a gentleman unlike Sir Elijah either.
    And, Kath, I think Warrens are bullies. The only one who my Warrens won't take on is Whitey. The only real saving grace of mine is that they have been good egg layers up until now.
  • mollydollymollydolly Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh I want an electric fence but it is just not possible in their current pen.
    My Nigel is too busy chasing magpies around the garden to look for the fox who ate his mate last week!!!
  • iloveexbatsiloveexbats Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    That's typical behaviour for a good looking man Scraggy Girl!

Undautri, Dora is currently in discussion with her publisher and will keep us posted:) I agree - how can you expect your boys to be normal, with their traumatic upbringing! Tee hee:D

Sandie, from what you say the characters of cockerels are as diverse as the typical human male!