We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Just for fun :)

DuckyLuvDuckyLuv Junior Member
edited May 2011 in "Off Your Chest"
Well...just for fun I thought I'd share some pictures of the wonderful moments I have gotten on camera of the beautiful Call Ducklings that I breed :D .

Image 1: Nothing better that a nice butt to keep your bill warm :p

Image 2 AND Image 3: This is by far the weirdest form of genetics I have EVER seen in poultry! These 2 out of 6 Ducklings survived a power out for over 8+ hours when they were at day 22 of incubation. Now the two ducklings have one yellow spot and one white spot, both of them have it and it is the same dot on each one. It is mind boggling and the previous hatch had nothing like this all their spots were yellow :eek:

Image 4: My baby sitter ;)

IMG_598 (resized).jpg

IMG_1081 (resized).jpg

IMG_1084 (resized).jpg

IMG_926 (resized).jpg

Comments

• sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited October 2010
    "Nanny' looks very studious.

They are lovely little ducklings....I guess the genetics is explained by the two being from the same parents....unusual, though,,

Sandie
  • DuckyLuvDuckyLuv Junior Member
    edited October 2010
    But the first batch were from the same parents too they all have the same mum and dad, I am sort of thinking the power out had something to do with it :confused: not sure what ...
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited October 2010
    I was thinking along the lines of the one sperm and the one egg, and then splitting creating identical twins....but, who knows the power of the mains! (If my theory pertains they will be the same sex)

Lovely anyway...

Sandie
  • DuckyLuvDuckyLuv Junior Member
    edited October 2010
    You could be right about the yolk splitting before being laid, they're like twins lol :D . Still cute thought it was worth showing. yes the Nanny is very serious he sits there all day :)
  • iloveexbatsiloveexbats Senior Member
    edited December 2010
    I know nothing about breeding or genetics but those ducklings are ADORABLE!:D I wonder if they will imprint on your parrot/cockateel?
  • chickensRcoolchickensRcool Member
    edited December 2010
    aww, they are so cute! it reminds me of when our chickens were babies! hope they grow up to be happy and healthy ducks!
  • shapeshape Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    Lovely, she looks studious
  • mikexiangmikexiang Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    I like your pictures which you share here...
    thanks..

ghostwriting contracts ~ hire a ghost
  • nickkhun23nickkhun23 Junior Member
    edited May 2011
    very funny