We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

sick chicken

jessicajessica Junior Member
edited October 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
my rhode island red seems a little off. she's all puffed up, she holds her head in, shakes her head alot, off color, she seems sleepy. she eats a little, but not super interested in it like the other girls. she's 1 1/2 years old.:confused: HELP!

Comments

• chickensRcoolchickensRcool Member
    edited October 2010
    Your chicken is doing exactly what my chicken is doing! You should get her to the vet and get her antibiotics imedietly. I have heard that feeding sick chickens tomatoes would cure them. It worked on some of my chickens. I also heard that feeding them garlic would kill bacteria and also worked as a antibiotic. If that does not work, please take your chicken to the vet and have her get some antibiotics. Your chicken probably has upper respiratory infection.
  • toulacrosstoulacross Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    try collodial silver its a natural antibotic see the mycloplasma thread under chicken health for my info on it , though if shes too far gone she will need to go to a vet but it might be worth a try.
    Apple cide vinegar will also help, put it in her water.