We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

bargain??

undautriundautri Senior Member
edited October 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
Bargain or more than i bargained for?
the warren i bought on 30th august i paid £9 for- not bad for a laying hen, but..... she attacked everyone on her arrival , a week later she was sneezing and spreading mycoplasa all around now, yesterday, i found a wiggly visitor in her poo:mad:
all my years of keeping chooks, ive never seen worms in their droppings.
i had my suspicions earlier but didnt want to flubenvent while the snotty noses and dirty squirties were around, so relied on garlic and acv.
so £9 plus £20 for vet now £15 for wormer....very expensive eggs im getting from her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they say 3 times for a welsh girl so hopefully this is my 3rd and final surprise from her!
kath

Comments

• sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Let's hope that things look up now and you have some good and trouble-free egg laying years ahead.

Brahma crosses are great....I'm looking forward to Brahma X Naked Neck.....all the feathers will look like they have gone South!

Sandie
  • spodskispodski Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Goodness, that's awful! Where did you get her from? Hope she is sorted now!
    Lynn
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    from someone who saw me coming methinks:D
  • iloveexbatsiloveexbats Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    What a time you have had and I like the expression snotty dotties and squirty dirties. Whoever said that hen keeping is easy? I think bird world saw me coming too when they sold me three pullets for the price of two......they must have had more than an inkling that one was a cockerel!:D