We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

No Eggs

BriggsJ34BriggsJ34 Junior Member
edited January 2007 in Poultry Health and Welfare
I have 7 chickens (mostly hybrids) and although they have laid really well for 2 years, I haven't had an egg for about 3 months. Any ideas about what it could be? I haven't ever really given them any wormer or medicine, but they have a really good diet of layers pelletts, mixed corn and kitchen scraps. They have always laid through the winter (admittedly less than the spring and summer), and am stumped as to what it could be. I am fairly sure there are no rodents in their pen.

I would be really grateful for any ideas.

Also - I realise I should worm them - what is the best wormer to use?
Thanks!
Jenny

Comments

• HenmomHenmom Senior Member
    edited January 2007
    Hi Jenny. I would check the nest for egg material - somebody could have discovered how tasty they are :D Also look at their combs, a pink comb shows she's not in lay, while a bright red one says she is. Any other symptoms? Could they have found a hidden corner where you can't see? Henmom
  • BriggsJ34BriggsJ34 Junior Member
    edited January 2007
    Hi, thanks for that - we actually had one egg yesterday for the first time in 3 months. We have searched everywhere and I am sure they haven't been hiding them (although they have been up to that trick in the past), but I shall definitely check their combs later.
    :D