We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

eggs is misshapen

sweetiepiesweetiepie Junior Member
edited January 2007 in Poultry Health and Welfare
I picked up an egg this a.m., was very misshapedl, like a large jelly bean and kind of wrinkly, very thin shell and when tapped sounded like thin plastic. Egg inside appeared normal? What's up with that?:confused: :confused:

Comments

• SandySandy Senior Member
    edited January 2007
    They are called wrinkled eggs.. usually its a nurtritional problem

What are you feeding the birds.. Need to know everything...

Also age of birds

And if they have had any illness lately if yes.. what and for how long
  • sweetiepiesweetiepie Junior Member
    edited January 2007
    My chickens are 8 months old. I feed them AceHiFeeds lay mash which states a 16% protein content. I give them a little scratch several times a week thrown out on their small 6x6 yard. Also give them occas grass, lettuce fruit & veg & bread I may have left over.
    edited January 2007
    My chickens are 8 months old. I feed them AceHiFeeds lay mash which states a 16% protein content. I give them a little scratch several times a week thrown out on their small 6x6 yard. Also give them occas grass, lettuce fruit & veg & bread I may have left over. No illness that I'm aware of.
  • SandySandy Senior Member
    edited January 2007
    Try getting some multi vitamin powder for birds.. I use one for pigeons... put it into their drinking water.. it must be change every day or it smells

they may be lacking a vitamin or a mineral..this should help them

Also you need to put a separate dish of crushed oyster shells... don't mix it with the feed they get too much and it can damage the kidneys
    edited January 2007
    thank you so much for your help. I will try your suggestions.