We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

meat ?

Farmer.abiFarmer.abi Junior Member
edited May 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
My mum tells me that chickens cant eat meat, but i have heard other wise but just no chicken (:D) so is she right or not ? let me know what you feed your chickens !

Comments

• olliedaceyolliedacey Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Farmer.abi wrote:
    My mum tells me that chickens cant eat meat, but i have heard other wise but just no chicken (:D) so is she right or not ? let me know what you feed your chickens !
    #wrong chickens will eat meat mine have killed rats and eatten them . (sick sods) and sasos will eat each other. if left to get to large,
  • missbaritonemissbaritone Junior Member
    edited April 2010
    it's illegal to feed your chickens meat due to the possibilities of salmonella. However chickens are omnivores and will happily eat meat if given it. I compromise and feed mine mealworms etc.
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited April 2010
    The favourite 'meat' of my chooks are earthworms. We may not always think of them as such, but many birds love them and they are the food of bird proverbs...."The early bird catches the worm" etc. My chickens will eat any of my carnivorous pets' food, cat food, dog food...in fact anything given half a chance!