We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

My Intro... I guess

BunkyBBunkyB Junior Member
edited October 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
Hi there crew. My name is Steve Major and live in Nova Scotia, Canada in a small lil village called Blue Mountain. In other words I live in the BOONIES.
I am a chicken,duck,goose,turkey kinda person and have been at this for over 20 years as a hobby.Have many purebreds,mixed breeds of birds and have been hatching chicks via the incubators and several selected hens I have who are good broody quality for many successful hatches.
Before I ramble any further I just wanted to say hi and am looking forward to your lil chunk of the world here talking about our feathered friends. Looking forward to offering help with bird issues and learning from those who have experienced what I have not gone through.
Steve(BunkyB

Comments

• ashgroveinnashgroveinn Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi, Steve, And Welcome to "our little world". I had this today, I thought it would be important to you, being a Canadian?

Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, Parliament has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to Ottawa to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as Ottawa deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependants & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by Ottawa.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as muchSHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. Parliament has always prided themselves on the amount of SHIT they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your MP/MPP, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.

Sincerely,
    The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)

PS - - Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the upcoming Harmonized Tax, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.
  • sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Hi Steve, Welcome and please ignore the previous two posts which should be soon removed. These time wasters would not know one end of poultry from the other. Ashgroveinn is the only one so far who is truly 'One of Us' and DOES know one end from the other! (Always useful when you think of the amount of excrement there is in a day)
    You will get all the help, advice and (in my case) sympathy that you need and I am sure you can add your experiences of 20 years with our feathered friends to the discussions.
    What is the climate of Nova Scotia and what breeds do you keep? (I have flown over Nova Scotia and is was truly ice locked at the time, so I guess you have hardy varieties?). Canada is a beautiful country...been to the Rockies skiing twice...starting to dream again!

Sandie
  • LittlechickLittlechick Senior Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Steve, Welcome and please ignore the previous two posts which should be soon removed. These time wasters would not know one end of poultry from the other. Ashgroveinn is the only one so far who is truly 'One of Us' and DOES know one end from the other! (Always useful when you think of the amount of excrement there is in a day)
    You will get all the help, advice and (in my case) sympathy that you need and I am sure you can add your experiences of 20 years with our feathered friends to the discussions.
    What is the climate of Nova Scotia and what breeds do you keep? (I have flown over Nova Scotia and is was truly ice locked at the time, so I guess you have hardy varieties?). Canada is a beautiful country...been to the Rockies skiing twice...starting to dream again!

Sandie

Sandie, I couldn't work out whether this was a post for spam or a serious thread!! Not the best introduction to the site, but it seems that there is a really bad problem with nohoper spammers on here just now.