We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Want to make my own broiler feed

hihibomitohihibomito Junior Member
edited March 2011 in Producers and Vets
hi everyone,

From where i come from, the feed companies sell their broiler feeds so expensive that farmers have no margin left when it comes to selling the chicken. I would therefore like to formulate my own feed, i request members to kindly guide me as to how i should formulate my feed/where i should look for more information for broiler feeds.

The Raw materials i plan to use are:

1. Fishmeal 60%CP
2. Lentils 26%
3. Maize 8% CP
4. Wheat 12.5% CP

The Information I need are:

1. The Most limiting amino acids for broilers (in their respective order)
2. The Minerals needed
3. The Vitamins needed
4. Growth promotants

Your help would be of great help, as i can also help other farmers in availing cheaper feed.

Thankyou.

Comments

• hihibomitohihibomito Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    help... ppl....

plz help me out... somebody... anybody...
  • bhagyam987bhagyam987 Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    Which country are you in? It should be easy formulate chicken feed provided you have a grain grinder, scale/weighing machine, bucket and a scoop.

You have fish meal...that is good and maybe!! cheap in your country.
  • olliedaceyolliedacey Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    you would have to make alot of it tho to make it worth it as by the time you get every thing and also the grinders and time and elctristy and so on i bet you would be able to get it trade price cheaper. any way good luck
  • edited September 2010
    I mix all my own feed from grain and never use pellets or mash feeds, as I don't need or trust the chemicals they put in them.

Have a look at my web site and email me what breed you keep and what age you intend to take them at.

www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk
  • tianmu(wendy)tianmu(wendy) Junior Member
    edited January 2011
    HI , friend, maybe you can try to manufacture the feed by yourself and then breed the chicks , and I have many feed machinery to make the feed , you can look at it , on the following website. I think you will be interested in it .
    http:// www.wuxitianmu.com.cn
    hihibomito wrote:
    hi everyone,

From where i come from, the feed companies sell their broiler feeds so expensive that farmers have no margin left when it comes to selling the chicken. I would therefore like to formulate my own feed, i request members to kindly guide me as to how i should formulate my feed/where i should look for more information for broiler feeds.

The Raw materials i plan to use are:

1. Fishmeal 60%CP
    2. Lentils 26%
    3. Maize 8% CP
    4. Wheat 12.5% CP

The Information I need are:

1. The Most limiting amino acids for broilers (in their respective order)
    2. The Minerals needed
    3. The Vitamins needed
    4. Growth promotants

Your help would be of great help, as i can also help other farmers in availing cheaper feed.

Thankyou.