We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Fighting cocks

sandiesbrahmassandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
edited February 2010 in "Off Your Chest"
Can anyone tell me how we can get people who advertise fighting cocks i) prosecuted ii) permanently erased from the site. I could suggest other things that should be done to the individual concerned..............:mad:

Comments

• misspmissp Junior Member
    edited January 2010
    I have a few suggestions too! :mad:
  • chicken chickchicken chick Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Here we all are worrying to death about our chickens health and wellbeing and you get people like that!:mad:
  • kernowclickkernowclick Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    As far as I can remember cock fighting has been illegal in UK since around 1835. I understand that it still goes on under cover here and is still legal some French villages whose morals remain in the dark ages. Although it is not an offence to attend a cock fight you can be charged if found in possession of cock fighting paraphernalia.

Participants are usually rather secretive and I wonder if welfare bodies (RSPCA etc) would be interested to know who was selling these poor birds. I would have thought some covert monitoring might throw up some leads.
  • iloveexbatsiloveexbats Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Unfortunately, the man who was selling them came from India (I think) and I don't know what the laws are there - poor birds!
  • BaltiAngelBaltiAngel Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Yes, its completely barbaric. Its a shame that some of the most enlightened civilisations can still allow themselves to stoop into this type of cruelty. Who'd have thought that Buddists and Hindus with their peace loving and vegetarian/vegan attitudes could spawn such violence. But it is a sign of the divide in human nature...whilst some of us are actually increasing our levels of conscience and conscientiousness in regard to the animal kingdom(of which we are a part) others are regressing into self- and other- destructive practices. Just look how children treat each other in some cases! Its not suprising that animals can get the brunt of our fears and angers as well as our lack of compassion. Yes I think that the RSPCA would welcome names, as would the League Against Cruel Sports, and other interested pressure groups.
    This is a place here where we can join others of a like mind and heart to realise our strengths and make a stand(if we wish) against those that would do harm.
    Sorry to go on, I do feel very strongly on this subject!
    L
  • BaltiAngelBaltiAngel Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Yes, its completely barbaric. Its a shame that some of the most enlightened civilisations can still allow themselves to stoop into this type of cruelty. Who'd have thought that Buddists and Hindus with their peace loving and vegetarian/vegan attitudes could spawn such violence. But it is a sign of the divide in human nature...whilst some of us are actually increasing our levels of conscience and conscientiousness in regard to the animal kingdom(of which we are a part) others are regressing into self- and other- destructive practices. Just look how children treat each other in some cases! Its not suprising that animals can get the brunt of our fears and angers as well as our lack of compassion. Yes I think that the RSPCA would welcome names, as would the League Against Cruel Sports, and other interested pressure groups.
    This is a place here where we can join others of a like mind and heart to realise our strengths and make a stand(if we wish) against those that would do harm.
    Sorry to go on, I do feel very strongly on this subject!
    L
  • leewildleewild Junior Member
    edited February 2010
    how come nobody has named this man or reported to locs or rspca ? or gone to see him with a blunt instrument:eek: i find a lot of races cruel cutting a sheeps throat in a back alley and this is south manchester not bombay or lahore . cruelty should be kept in there own country :mad: i dont mean to offend but i hate with venom animal cruelty of any kind and the mindless people with it what area does this person come from anyone know i would have a chat with him if near me willingly
  • kernowclickkernowclick Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    This person comes from India where welfare is not important. I replied to the original on the Marketplace part of the forum and suggested that this activity was not welcome on the forum but, guess what, a couple of weeks later there was a reply also from India from another caring soul wanting to buy fighting cocks.

I would like to see these posts removed as soon as they appear otherwise we're seen as encouraging this despicable trade. It is unfortunate that censorship is necessary but as access to the site is so easy that seems to be the only way to maintain the spirit of the forum.