We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

selling bantams

catcat Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Producers and Vets
I currently have 11 chickens some of which are bantams. I am going to get an incubator soon and so in the new year i want to sell some of the chicks that i hatch by putting an advertisement sign outside my house. I was just wondering if i need any kind of license for this small scale kind of breeding and selling and if so, how i obtain this. any replies much appreciated :)

Comments

• BaltiAngelBaltiAngel Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    I can't help you Cat, but I was wondering where you are eg UK or USA etc as there will be different rules applying in different countries.. I have sold chicks locally (UK) but not on a grand scale so if its small no worries I see signs up all over for free-range eggs chicks ducks etc.
    BaltiAngel
  • catcat Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Im in england, thanks for your reply. It hopefully shouldnt be a problem i think im just going to go for it and im sure if there is a problem, someone will come and let me know! I cant wait to start hatching and selling! Im going to university next year so the profits will go to my book fund! thanks again xxxx