Pest/Rat Control

curlywat Junior Member
edited April 2015 in Poultry Health and Welfare
Hi ALL,

I am offering free pest control to anyone with rat problems. They will be dealt with using my black terrier which I have owned for a year - he needs the work. I am 36 years old and Live in South Wales, would be prepared to travel about 1 hour - will also have 2 ferrets available in September and a new pup which will be ready in November/december also have a small amount of traps that can also be used but would prefer the terrier option. This is a genuine offer to people with a genuine problem.

Curlywat.

Comments

• Salz Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey Curlywat,
    That sounds great, I have a bit of a rat problem and have cats,dogs and chickens so am not keen to put poison down....My border collie will dispatch a rat but she can't get to them....and my terrier is freaked out by them. Im in Carmarthenshire....may be you could PM me your number.
    Cheers Salz.
  • Salz Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Just wanted to say if your in West Wales and have rats then get in touch with Curlywat. They've been round with their lovely terrier this morning and can say that they are reliable and respect your animals and property. They are also very tidy when they've needed to dig and left everything as they found it. Highly recommended.:)
  • Neilscot Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Is this free? not that I am anywhere near Wales nor do I have rats now, but just curious!
  • Salz Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey Neilscot,
    Yeah, it was free. Just a couple of nice lads that want to put there lovely terrier to good use.....I did give them some eggs:)
  • Neilscot Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Salz said:
    Hey Neilscot,
    Yeah, it was free. Just a couple of nice lads that want to put there lovely terrier to good use.....I did give them some eggs:)
    Wow that was really nice of them then! well done lads!
  • 6BuffRocks6BuffRocks Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    wow! amazing!!

Will you travel to the West Midlands?

I'll give you eggs - and cook them...haha

I think these guys may have a bit of a business going here...
    I have a constant problem with rats, I manage to eradicate them but eventually they return for a free meal from my chucks. I'd be happy to supply a full English for the chaps and the catchers haha.

Well done!!

Wendy
  • curlywat Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    thanks for that Salz - it was nice to meet you and your neighbour - the sun was even out when we got home!!

Wendy - where in the west midlands do you live and what is the size of your problem?
  • dizzer Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    hey lads id be happy to have yr number and im in pontypool if you cood pm me that wood be great i did have a problem for ages had 2 rats and it took me over 3 months to catch them and numerous trapps and bits of chocolate and cheese and bacon and kippers and corned beef and white chocolate but i got them in the end so if i cood have yr number i might be able to eat my own food and not give it to the bloody rats
    cheers
    edited August 2009
    Wendy - where in the west midlands do you live and what is the size of your problem?[/QUOTE]

Hi Curly... looks like you may have a full time job coming up haha..

I live in Penn, Wolves. First noticed rats last Oct, Frightened to use bait - other pets and chucks.

Moved shed, split into two and raised onto stilts (breezeblocks 4 deep). Great! Problem solved.. temporarily...

My neighbour leaned out of her window and freaked out as she had seen a rat on her patio, I told her I am aware of the issue. More detective work, found the runs etc and then SHE baited them in her garden. I found the empty bait packets near to my chucks shed - the rats had carried ir off but seems they ate the contents as we had 5 dead rats in one morning, dead or stuggling to get back to their run. I have put broken glass down all the runs which seems to have stopped them nesting under the step but I would dbe so frightened of your terrier getting cut if he/she dug by the glass! As we know, the blighters are active at night..
    Other next door neighbour has rabbits too so a free dinner is plentiful. Miracle my chucks never got the bait, just lucky rats took it under some wood. But can't stop folk using bait!

Droppings in the chuck food makes me feel a bit apprehensive about eating eggs...

I can tell you that there is no hiding place in my garden now, everything is raised and access to everything is at a glance. The rats, I suspect, are visiting our 'restaurant' after sunset...
    Any idea's?

Best wishes,
    Wendy
  • curlywat Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    I think you need some good quality kill traps - bait with any food that holds it's smell well and keep putting them down as rats are very suspect of anything new in their territory. It might take a while but as I said keep putting them down and they will take the bait.

All the best with them - I hate the little buggers
    edited August 2009
    Got my finger caught in rat trap trying to set it! Made me very weary of operating again!

I just keep moving things around in the garden to upset the rats radar..and mapping......

Thank you curly and good luck with, what seems to me, a great business venture!!!

Best wishes, Wendy
  • charles16 Junior Member
    edited April 2015
    Is this pest control service is still free?
  • Thank you a lot for this great activity, I'm from Sydney and have a hassle to rats, ants ought to you assist me to do away with them.