converting website visitors unwanted poultry rehomed - The Poultry Site Forum

ThePoultrySite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the poultry industry

unwanted poultry rehomed

beegal Senior Member
edited February 2015 in Market Place
we offer homes to unwanted or homeless chickens cockerels ducks geese on our 10 acre farm whilst we rehome many of them. pure bred stock unwanted by previous owners often found new homes with enthusiasts and keepers. so far over 300 birds living new lives throughout the uk. anything considered happy to discuss any proposal we are in the midlands between coventry and leicester

Comments

• son of Eddy Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Glad to see you're keeping up the good work Alan, you deserve an OBE for it.:p
    If anyone is hesitating over rehoming some chooks [even cockerels] via Alan, I can vouch for the care and attention they get until rehomed. I rehomed some boys via him last year and I saw the quality of care all the poultry got.

If I had thought for a moment they wouldn't be looked after I'd had brought them home rather than leave them.

Kepp up the good work Alan an excellent sevice. :)
  • Skyblue1972 Junior Member
    edited September 2008
    Hi,

I have about ten pure breed cockerels i would like to rehome, they are all this years birds and come from lovely stock, i just don't have room to keep them all. Can you help.

Regards

Kevin
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    latest update red quail cock gone to ROOST (dont ask)with some cockatiels in an aviary strange but true. 2 wellsummers and a rhode island red cockerel gone to a breeder and 2 brahmas with 4 light sussex boys (2 from kevin ie skyblue1972) gone to a friends farm to run around with his hens all saved from an uncertain future.

have lots of pekins and wynadotte boys available if anyone interested.

still got plenty of room for any more unwanted boys or if anyone has particular need for a specific cockerel please ask you may be saving one from the unspoken fate
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    good news 29 ex batts found new home in 15 minutes 3 hiline hens rehomed 1lavender araucana cockerel 1 rir cock 1 poland cock 1 maran cock all gone to good homes 4 orpington boys of to roam with a flock of freerange ex batts (wonder who will be boss their) the good works continue
    edited December 2008
    Well Alan I think I'm going to be calling upon your services again, I have a few excess cockerels to come your way, either that or else they have a date with a plate.
    I'll pm you via here and other places to organise a date.
    edited December 2008
    I'd just like to congratulate Alan for all the good work he does. I visited him yesterday and as always when I take livestock there, I went away feeling confident and happy that they would be well looked after.
    They all have a fabulous life there for however long it takes to find them a new home or for the rest of their natural. There were ducks and chooks every where pottering around very happily, well fed and well looked after.
  • tanglynoodle Junior Member
    edited December 2008
    hi begal, i have just noticed your thread and was wondering where your farm is? as i may have a cockerel coming your way if you are interested?
    thanks
    :)
  • HughT Junior Member
    edited December 2008
    Hi beegal
    I am trying to rehome a lavender pekin cock. How can I get in touch with you?
    Hugh
  • silkyt Member
    edited December 2008
    hi beegal I am also looking to rehome a cockerell. He is a buff wyndotte and is 12 weeks old how can I contact you so we can chat properly please

many thanks
    tina
  • sarahk52 Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    im looking to rehome 2 cockerels, in mansfield notts. If anyone has any to rehome at all. sarah x
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    sarah what type of birds/breed would you like so i can sort some out for you. anne aka son of eddy has some she wants to rehome so might be suitable for you . let us all know and we will all see what we can sort out for you regards alan
  • sarahk52 Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    ive been given a welsummers today, my hens are rhode island reds X and i have 14. im open to ideas really, what do you suggest? i can offer a home to a couple of ducks if you have any. although someone has offered me some but havent heard anything else from them.:)
  • EJN1 Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    Hi Beegal
    Out of last years hatch I have 1 pure brown leghorn cockerel and, I think, 5 other cockerels that are mixed breeds. I have two mixed cockerels running with sussex, RIR, marrans, wellsummers, cream legbar hens. The leghorn is from a batch of eggs I brought from Ebay and is a bit of a stunner! The others are a mixture of large and small ones but all are very pretty. I haven't heard any of these start to crown yet but they are getting a little bit frisky so I am getting a bit of agro in thr group.
    I would love to rehome these rather than deal with them another way. It goes against my nature really and I keep all my girls until they die of old age!
    Please let me know if you can take them and I'll arrange delivery.
    Thanks Emma
    edited January 2009
    So then Mike, you've still got too much time on your hands.
    Strikes me you need to get out more. Since you like writing so much, come and do my 5000 word assignment for me.
  • crta Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    Hi, I have a nice buff pekin cockerel with white barrs on his wings (dont know why he came out like that!) I have to rehome him as he is fighting with the other cockerel although I have had more than one and they have got along before.... Am sorry to part with him, but there's chaos in the garden and the neighbours will be complaining soon. Can you help?:)
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    have sent you number of richard in worcester. if no luck we will have him but we are near coventry so long way to bring him
  • Pilgrim Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    Hello

I have two hybred hens - both really good layers together with green eglu (purchased in 2006) free to good home. I cannot deliver so if anyones wants these they need to be able to collect from the Sutton Coldfield area.

Please contact me via the forum for further details.

Thank you.
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    good news have someone who will take both of the birds to go into their small animal exhibition for children to learn how chickens and other small animals live. this is an addition to their main operation offering riding for the disabled. they have rehomed several birds from me before and these will be able to live out their lives as the others with no risk of being dispenced with due to them not laying everyday. hope we can be of assistance regards alan
  • Carn Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    I need a home for a sussex cockerel. We are keeping the chickens in school and the students looking after them are now quite scared of him. He is in Chalfont, Buckinghamshire, I don't mind driving him somewhere if need be, though preferable not too far. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    time has finally caught up with me and so im of to hong kong to a new job leaving this wednesday 28th jan. thanks to all of the nice people i have met or corresponded with, for all the nice remarks and for all the birds that we have had its been a great learning curve. started of not knowing a lot but have picked up so much i can actually now give people help and advice. anyway my good friend paul or LYCHGATE as he will be known on the various poultry sites will be offering a similar service so all those unlucky birds will have a new saviour. regards alan

aka beegal (saviour of unwanted and homeless chooks)
  • backyard_chucks Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    Hi Sarah, what breed are they please
  • buffcochin Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    i need desperately to rehome my cochin male, we hatched from an eggand have discovered now he's a male, he has started crowing in the morning now and the neighbours are complaining. i can't get him to youas i live in north wales but would appreciate help. thank you
  • katie Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    I have a white silkie cockeral, who is 4 months old, he is now crowing for the second time and has all the signs of a silkie cockeral.I have reared him from a week old and he is friendly, also possible show quality. The breeder I brought him from said she would take a cockeral back, she is now ignoring me.
    I can not keep cockerals, so i need a new home ASAP.
    I would be so grateful if any one could give him a really good pet home with lots of hens. We live in the west midlands.
  • maryselby Junior Member
    edited February 2009
    Hi - do you have email or contacts for your friend Paul? I am desperate to rehome five cockerels which will otherwise be despatched very soon to another shore.
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    update on the good works this week
    4 leghorn pullets gone to breeder
    1 embden gander gone to replace deceased bird
    dont normally comment to much on the birds we get but the gander deserves a bit more detail. he was rescued from a back yard never had access to any significant water very friendly and used to human company about a year old. he follows people around and responds to people speaking to him. underweight and lonely. ive never had a gander on his own and was facinated by him but a little nervous as he was rattling away on the way to his new home but on arrival with the new people popped out of the box and started talking to them and following them in his new paddock. have since been told hes settled in and is taking over but is being well loved and they are very happy with them it seems that they were missing their lost bird a lot and the new chap has given them a real lift.
    strange how things work out last saturday call out of the blue can you find a gander yes i said no idea where would get one arrived in the office monday to an e mail can you rehome a gander. all sorted by tuesday night really good result
  • the dog house Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    We find ourselves haveing to rehouse someof our cockerels due to a surge in hormones :( all are six months old. We have a jersey giant a cuckoo orpington and a cream legbar. All are used to free range and would only consider similar. we have been to see a poultry breeder but his were being kept in filthy cramped condidtions and I would rather they went to the pot than a life like that. we are based in central scotland just outside Falkirk

Graham
  • beegal Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    more good news
    1 ebden gander (yes another one like buses now) gone to breeder
    1 cochin cockerel gone to breeder
    2 hybrid pullets gone to new keeper with 2 black hens so the grandchildren can be shown how the chicken business works
    1 ixworth cockerel saved from the pot 12lb in weight gone to breed with some pullets
    2 pekins gone to breeder
    1 silkie gone to breeder

more room available anything considered large numbers or small
  • poultrymad Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    Hi

I have got three lovely young cockerels and i was wondering if you could take them i am in Thame oxon area, do you collect?
  • olliedacey Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    hi im looking for a very very l;arge cockrel pure breed prefrbley with feathered feet as i realy think there buitfull . i am in kings lynn norfolk . so it would have to be close or if they could be delivered to me . i have large free rangeing area for them . many thanks please email me on [email]ollie.dacey@yahoo.co.uk[/email]
    many thanks ollie (dacey poultry)
  • olliedacey Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    beegal said:
    latest update red quail cock gone to ROOST (dont ask)with some cockatiels in an aviary strange but true. 2 wellsummers and a rhode island red cockerel gone to a breeder and 2 brahmas with 4 light sussex boys (2 from kevin ie skyblue1972) gone to a friends farm to run around with his hens all saved from an uncertain future.

have lots of pekins and wynadotte boys available if anyone interested.

still got plenty of room for any more unwanted boys or if anyone has particular need for a specific cockerel please ask you may be saving one from the unspoken fate

hi im lookign for a very large breed of cockrel it has to have feathery feet tho . my kids would love one . please amil me if any one can help many thanks . mail to [email]ollie.dacey@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Leave a Comment

Our Sponsors

Partners

Seasonal Picks

Poultry Breeds and Management