We have recently updated this site to improve security. As a result you may need to reset your password next time you log in. Simply click the Reset Password link and follow the instructions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

never fear,Willow is here

I was busy ironing facemasks and bands id made for nhs and having problems because our cat kept jumping onto the ironing board. Eventually bored with that game she wanted to go out . i opened the door and heard a buck buck but ignored it thinking it was just Willow but then all hell broke loose - squealing noises coming from the cat and predator alarms from all 10 chickens . i thought it was a fox so raced out to see Willow - a petite little female aged 13 this year -chasing and attacking the tallest tom cat ive ever seen- easily the size of a young fox. It tried to get over the gate and failed and willow had him pinned to the floor then it got loose and raced down the path again , another squeal and it ran up the path again, past me, having decided i was the least scariest thing in the garden and managed to get over the gate this time. Willow is fine and the chickens safe and i hope the tom doesnt return to retieve the collar i found down the path.
Luckily i decided to keep George in or he may have attacked the cat too to protect Willow.
hope everyone is ok out there
xxKath

Comments

• solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Nice work re the NHS PPE Kath! Sounds like the tom cat needs a bit of PPE himself🙀🙀

We've had the virus. Mr Solarbats came off worse than me and ended up with inflammation of the heart lining. He was given five star treatment at A&E with tests, ECG, chest x ray etc, than an echo cardiogram a week later at a Spire hospital. Now returning to normal on day 40. He's luckier than some...
    Apparently there have been a few cases like his.
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    OMG Helen it sounds like youve been to hell and back ,you must have been out of your mind with worry. Wishing you both a full and speedy recovery xxxxxxxxxxxx
    ive kept myself busy with the nhs stuff , masks, uniform bags and hairbands and i crochet pairs of little hearts in the evening- one meant for patient and the matching one given to family member......keeps me out of trouble
    take good care of yourself both
    xxxKath
    Don't worry Kath, we were always prepared for the worst, and he's so lucky compared to some. Of course, if he'd had his way he'd never have 'phoned 111 in the first place, that was down to me! He's had really good attention from the doctors, and no lasting damage.
    You must have been so scared Helen . im glad theres no lasting damage done.Was hubby going out to work? Any idea who you caught it off? Our minister down here is being more cautious than Boris- no sign of schools reopening and were pretty much still in full lockdown. The only time i go out is to take my surplus eggs over to the vicar and then im scared that ill bump into someone. Who did you have supporting you , are family and friends nearby?
    take care of yourselves
    xxKath
    We were both going out to work, but we work outside and hardly see anyone. None of our contacts had any symptoms, so we think it may have been indirect contamination, possibly from the petrol garage, which is on the coastal road. A lot of people came to the coast that week 🙄
    We have good friends and neighbours in the village. All the older people we usually look out for were offering to do our shopping!
    maybe a certain mr Cummings got petrol there whilst on his lockdown tour of uk
    xx Kath
    How are you both doing? hope youre both well enough to enjoy the nice weather weve been having.
    Winnie Whiskers caused quite a stir one day last week .... my neighbour was sitting on his bench in the garden when suddenly a huge white bird flew over his head ...winnie had got over my 6ft wire fence and a 4ft gap and his 8ft garden fence ...she was really lucky that his 2 dogs were indoors at the time
    so now i literally have to count my chickens several times a day :)
    take care xxKath
    Nice to know they are keeping you busy during lockdown! They are clearly practicing their social distancing Kath🤣

I'm doing well thanks, and Mr bats is improving.
    great to hear that xxxxx
    Winnie was at it again yesterday ...i heard a commotion out the front and went out to see winnie running down the road chased by a ginger cat that was being barked at by a Chihuahua being held by a German lady saying oh my God. Straight out of a comedy sketch but the funniest part of all was i managed to catch her as she jumped up onto Andrews window- she must really like him!
    xx Keep well Kath
    I'm still curious about the German lady. Did she actually say 'Mein Gott', or was she wearing lederhosen?
    lol shes a lady i often meet up with when walking the dog - well i walk George she carries her little one. i know the accent cos my uncle is from Germany but he would never say mein Gott because hes a minister. i know, i know , whod have thought someone like me would have such close ties to the church!
    Talking about church , im still taking my surplus eggs over to the vicar - he thanked me last week and said people are getting excited with them as he makes a list and sticks a pin in the names of the recipiants....kinda like a chicken lottery or tombola :)
    Keep safe xx Kath
    Sounds more like voodoo to me Kath😲