Newbies...

Have just got confirmation that my newbies will be ready for rescue c 1445 on Saturday - which is good as by the time we get home it will be sunset and I can check them over and throw them in the coop (you know I don't do that two week integration thing!)...Elphaba won't know what's hit her but she's a lovely personality (I think...eek)!

So Sunday morning I will be in the run at the crack of dawn (though not up as early as you Sandie!) with my coffee, gloves and stick to accelerate integration...

At the mo I am thinking of naming them after a few of my aunties - Kay, Bet and Peg (when my Mum died she was the last of 12 siblings) - my aunts would be turning in their graves being given the namesake for one of my chooks...(tee tee!!:D)...but I'll wait and see what they look like!
M ~:>

Comments

• undautriundautri Senior Member
    exciting times Marie . poor Elphaba having to deal with underling newbies invading her kingdom :) if shes anything like Georgie she will not be amused !
    i hope they settle quickly for you , im sure they will
    dont forget to post pics for us
     x Kath

• doormouse Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    Kath
    There could never be any chicken like Georgie (she was unique :D)

I just hope Elphaba will get her chance at being head hen and she obviously knows the routine of the day...grapes, cuddles, pellets (in return for eggs sometimes...grrr!)

BHWT emailed me yesterday to ask if I could take on any more...I said 1 only extra so now I'm getting 4...
    M~:>
  • undautriundautri Senior Member
    lucky chooks !
     youll have to think of a fourth name now.
     im sure Elphaba will be fine and soon showing the newbies a trick or two
    have fun with the integration
     Kath x
  • doormouse Senior Member
    For the 4th chook am thinking Gerry after my fav uncle...an androgynous name...we'll see what turfs up!...M

~:>
  • solarbatssolarbats Senior Member
    Just catching up and so glad you've FINALLY gotten around to getting some more rescue hens.

Update please!

• sandiesbrahmas Super Moderator
    Morning ladies,

Glad to hear about the rescues and here's hoping they quickly look and behave like real hens. Pics?

Are they laying?

Sandie